Subject: [Iccrg] *deadline extended to March 6* CFP: PFLDnet 2009
From: [email-masked] (Lars Eggert)
Date: Tue Feb 17 16:24:28 2009

*** Submission deadline: March 6th
*** Submit at: http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=7308

CALL FOR PAPERS
PFLDNet 2009

The 7th International Workshop on Protocols for Future,
Large-Scale and Diverse Network Transports (PFLDNeT)

Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan
May 21-22, 2009
Web page: http://www.hpcc.jp/pfldnet2009

Co-located:
IRTF Congestion Control Research Group Meeting, May 20, 2009

Scope

The Internet continues to evolve along several dimensions, allowing
more and more end systems to communicate in increasingly diverse
ways. At one end of the performance spectrum, the Internet protocols
provide communication facilities for extremely-high-speed special-use
networks. At the other end of the performance spectrum, the Internet
contains very low-power and low-bandwidth networks that cater to
infrequent, bursty communication. Enabling efficient and high-
performance end-to-end communication across such a diverse internetwork
is a difficult problem, which is not solved by current transport
layer protocols.  The need to support an application base that grows
more and more dissimilar adds additional challenges.

The 7th International Workshop on Protocols for Future, Large-Scale
& Diverse Network Transports (PFLDNeT)brings together researchers
and practitioners from all continents to exchange their ideas and
experiences in the area of transport layer issues for modern
communication networks. The workshop provides theorists,  
experimentalists
and technologists with a focused, highly interactive opportunity
to present, discuss and exchange experience on leading research,
development and future directions in transport and application
protocols for networks that are increasingly growing in size,
heterogeneity and dynamicity of interaction.

PFLDNeT 2009 solicits papers that further the research on end-to-end
communication protocols for todays and tomorrows Internet in all
its diversity along the continuum from specialized grid networks,
optical transports, wireless connections, to lossy and low-power
networks.  A specific focus of the workshop lies on transport
protocols for the efficient end-to-end transfer of data for a diverse
set of applications and application-layer protocols.

Now approaching its seventh instantiation, the PFLDneT workshop has
broadened its focus over the years from protocols targeted at
specific fast, long-distance networks (the original expansion of
the PFLDneT acronym) into a venue where all kinds of new ideas
relating to end-to-end transport protocols for diverse network
scenarios are being discussed first.

The previous International Workshops on Protocols for Fast, Long-
Distance Networks held at CERN (2003), Argonne (2004), Lyon (2005),
Nara (2006), Marina del Rey (2007) and Manchester (2008) were very
successful in bringing together many researchers from all over the
world including North America, Europe and Asia who are working on
these problems.  PFLDNeT 2009 will continue this tradition, and
provide a perfect forum for researchers in this area to exchange
ideas and experience.

Important Dates and Relevant Event Information

Position Paper or extended abstract submission: March 6th
Notification of Acceptance: April 6th
Final camera ready submission: May 1st
Conference: May 21st and 22nd
IRTF ICCRG meeting: May 20th

Workshop web site
The latest information of the workshop is updated in
http://www.hpcc.jp/pfldnet2009

Topics

PFLDNeT 2009 covers all aspects related to transport protocols for the
current and future Internet, including, but not limited to:

- Protocol development
- Enhancements of TCP
- Innovative congestion control mechanisms
- Novel data transport protocols designed for new networks and
- applications
- Explicit signaling protocols: optimization criteria and deployment
- strategies
- Pacing and shaping of traffic
- Parallel transfers and multi-streaming
- Performance evaluation
- Modeling and simulation-based results
- Interaction of transport protocols and network equipment
- Experiments on real networks and live measurements
- Protocol benchmarking
- Transport over optical networks
- Protocol implementation and hardware issues
- End system performance
- Data replication and striping
- Applications with demanding or unusual network performance
- requirements
- Bulk-data transfer applications
- Transport service for Grids
- Quality-of-service and scalability issues
- Multicast

Workshop Organizers

Program Committee Chairs:
Lars Eggert, Nokia Research Center, FI
Kei Hiraki, The University of Tokyo, JP

Steering Committee:
Lachlan Andrew, Swinburne University of Technology, AU
Richard Hughes-Jones, Univ. of Manchester, UK
Katsushi Kobayashi, AIST, JP
Doug Leith, Hamilton Institute, IE
Injong Rhee, North Carolina State University, US
Pascale Vicat-Blanc, INRIA, FR
Michael Welzl, Univ. of Innsbruck, AT

Program Committee:
Dirceu Cavendish ,KIT, JP
Larry Dunn, Univ. of Minnesota, US
Tomohiro Kudoh , AIST, JP
Venkatram Vishwanath, EVL, USA
Steven Low, Caltech, US
Saverio Mascolo, Politecnico di Bari, IT
Hideyuki Shimonishi, NEC, JP
David X. Wei, Facebook, US
Yoshifumi Nishida, Sony CSL, JP
Joerg Ott, TKK, FI
Joe Touch, USC/ISI, US
Mark Handley, UCL, UK
Aleksandar Kuzmanovic, Northwestern University, US
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2446 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20090217/77edeaaa/smime.bin

From: [email-masked] (Michael Welzl)
Date: Thu Feb  5 06:49:47 2009
Subject: [Iccrg] CFP: PFLDNet 2009
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

CALL FOR PAPERS

PFLDNet 2009

The 7th International Workshop on Protocols for Future,
Large-Scale and Diverse Network Transports (PFLDNeT)

The University of Tokyo, Japan
May 21-22, 2009
Web page: http://www.hpcc.jp/pfldnet2009

Scope

The Internet continues to evolve along several dimensions, allowing
more and more end systems to communicate in increasingly diverse
ways. At one end of the performance spectrum, the Internet protocols
provide communication facilities for extremely-high-speed special-use
networks. At the other end of the performance spectrum, the Internet
contains very low-power and low-bandwidth networks that cater to
infrequent, bursty communication. Enabling efficient and high-
performance end-to-end communication across such a diverse internetwork
is a difficult problem, which is not solved by current transport
layer protocols.  The need to support an application base that grows
more and more dissimilar adds additional challenges.

The 7th International Workshop on Protocols for Future, Large-Scale
& Diverse Network Transports (PFLDNeT)brings together researchers
and practitioners from all continents to exchange their ideas and
experiences in the area of transport layer issues for modern
communication networks. The workshop provides theorists,  
experimentalists
and technologists with a focused, highly interactive opportunity
to present, discuss and exchange experience on leading research,
development and future directions in transport and application
protocols for networks that are increasingly growing in size,
heterogeneity and dynamicity of interaction.

PFLDNeT 2009 solicits papers that further the research on end-to-end
communication protocols for todays and tomorrows Internet in all
its diversity along the continuum from specialized grid networks,
optical transports, wireless connections, to lossy and low-power
networks.  A specific focus of the workshop lies on transport
protocols for the efficient end-to-end transfer of data for a diverse
set of applications and application-layer protocols.

Now approaching its seventh instantiation, the PFLDneT workshop has
broadened its focus over the years from protocols targeted at
specific fast, long-distance networks (the original expansion of
the PFLDneT acronym) into a venue where all kinds of new ideas
relating to end-to-end transport protocols for diverse network
scenarios are being discussed first.

The previous International Workshops on Protocols for Fast, Long-
Distance Networks held at CERN (2003), Argonne (2004), Lyon (2005),
Nara (2006), Marina del Rey (2007) and Manchester (2008) were very
successful in bringing together many researchers from all over the
world including North America, Europe and Asia who are working on
these problems.  PFLDNeT 2009 will continue this tradition, and
provide a perfect forum for researchers in this area to exchange
ideas and experience.

Important Dates and Relevant Event Information

Position Paper submission: February 27th
Notification of Acceptance: March 30th
Final camera ready submission: May 1st
Conference: May 21st and 22nd
IRTF ICCRG meeting: May 20th

Workshop web site
The latest information of the workshop is updated in
http://www.hpcc.jp/pfldnet2009

Topics

PFLDNeT 2009 covers all aspects related to transport protocols for the
current and future Internet, including, but not limited to:

- Protocol development
- Enhancements of TCP
- Innovative congestion control mechanisms
- Novel data transport protocols designed for new networks and
- applications
- Explicit signaling protocols: optimization criteria and deployment
- strategies
- Pacing and shaping of traffic
- Parallel transfers and multi-streaming
- Performance evaluation
- Modeling and simulation-based results
- Interaction of transport protocols and network equipment
- Experiments on real networks and live measurements
- Protocol benchmarking
- Transport over optical networks
- Protocol implementation and hardware issues
- End system performance
- Data replication and striping
- Applications with demanding or unusual network performance
- requirements
- Bulk-data transfer applications
- Transport service for Grids
- Quality-of-service and scalability issues
- Multicast

Workshop Organizers

Program Committee Chairs:
Lars Eggert, Nokia Research Center, FI
Kei Hiraki, The University of Tokyo, JP

Steering Committee:
Lachlan Andrew, Swinburne University of Technology, AU
Richard Hughes-Jones, Univ. of Manchester, UK
Katsushi Kobayashi, AIST, JP
Doug Leith, Hamilton Institute, IE
Injong Rhee, North Carolina State University, US
Pascale Vicat-Blanc, INRIA, FR
Michael Welzl, Univ. of Innsbruck, AT

Program Committee:
Dirceu Cavendish ,KIT, JP
Larry Dunn, Univ. of Minnesota, US
Tomohiro Kudoh , AIST, JP
Venkatram Vishwanath, EVL, USA
Steven Low, Caltech, US
Saverio Mascolo, Politecnico di Bari, IT
Hideyuki Shimonishi, NEC, JP
David X. Wei, Facebook, US
Yoshifumi Nishida, Sony CSL, JP
Joerg Ott, TKK, FI
Joe Touch, USC/ISI, US
Mark Handley, UCL, UK
Aleksandar Kuzmanovic, Northwestern University, US