Subject: [Iccrg] CFP: 13th IEEE Global Internet Symposium; colocated with IEEE Infocom 2010
From: [email-masked] (Lars Eggert)
Date: Sat Nov 14 18:14:23 2009

13th IEEE Global Internet Symposium 2010

            (held in conjunction with IEEE Infocom 2010)

                        San Diego, CA, USA
                          March 19, 2010

*** Call for Papers ***

The 13th IEEE Global Internet Symposium will be co-located with
IEEE Infocom 2010. All relevant dates, location, and travel information
are available from the IEEE Infocom 2010 conference site:
http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2010/.

IEEE Global Internet 2010 aims to provide a forum for researchers
and practitioners to present and discuss advances in Internet-related
technologies. The focus of the symposium is on experimental systems
and on emerging future Internet technologies, and especially on
scaling such systems to a global scale. The Program Committee
encourages original submissions describing promising work in progress,
speculations about the future of the Internet, and progressive
position papers (which should be clearly marked as such).

*** Topics ***

Authors are invited to submit papers on issues, especially scaling
issues, related to current and future Internet technology, including
but not limited to the following topics:

 * Novel applications and new paradigms
 * Next-generation network architectures
 * Handling Internet dynamics/heterogeneity
   (by applications and/or the network)
 * P2P networking and overlay networks
 * Distributed Internet applications including games,
   VoIP, and video conferencing
 * Privacy and/or security issues in the Internet
 * Anomaly, intrusion and attack detection
 * Routing (unicast, multicast, anycast, etc.)
 * Flow management (fairness/sharing, congestion control,
   differentiated services, etc.)
 * The Internet and mobility/mobile devices, as well as
   intermittent connectivity
 * Traffic measurement, analysis, modeling, and visualization
 * Provisioning, monitoring, and management of IP services,
   VPNs, traffic engineering, mobility support, etc.
 * Content networking (caching, content distribution,
   content routing, content services, load balancing, etc.)

*** Important Dates ***

Paper Submission:           Dec 21, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: Feb 5, 2010
Final Manuscript Due:       Feb 25, 2010
Symposium:                  Mar 19, 2010

*** Submission Instructions ***

Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE
camera-ready format (double-column, 10-pt font) and must be
submitted via EDAS (http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=8427) as
PDF files (formatted for 8.5x11-inch paper). The manuscripts
must be no longer than 6 pages. The Program Committee reserves
the right to not review papers that violate these formatting rules.

Submitted papers must not have been previously published in or be
under consideration for publication elsewhere. All submitted papers
will be reviewed and judged on originality, technical correctness,
relevance, and quality of presentation. An accepted paper must be
presented at the symposium by one of the authors.

*** Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs ***

Lars Eggert (Nokia Research Center & Helsinki University of Technology)
Tilman Wolf (University of Massachusetts)

*** Technical Program Committee (Provisional) ***

Marcelo Bagnulo (University Carlos III of Madrid)
Ted Faber (USC/ISI)
Sergey Gorinsky (IMDEA Networks)
Gianluca Iannaccone (Intel Corporation)
Janardhan Iyengar (Franklin and Marshall College)
J?rg Liebeherr (University of Toronto)
Cecilia Mascolo (University of Cambridge)
Yoshifumi Nishida (Keio University)
J?rg Ott (Helsinki University of Technology)
Maria Papadopouli (University of Crete, FORTH, UNC)
Christos Papadopoulos (Colorado State University)
Craig Partridge (BBN Technologies)
Peter Reiher (UCLA)
Georgos Siganos (Telefonica Research)
James Sterbenz (University of Kansas & Lancaster University (UK))
Joe Touch (USC/ISI)
Rodney Van Meter (Keio University)
Lars Wolf (Technische Universit?t Braunschweig)
Daniel Zappala (Brigham Young University)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2490 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20091114/79194cdd/smime.bin
>From [email-masked]  Mon Nov 16 14:53:08 2009
From: [email-masked] (Michael Welzl)
Date: Mon Nov 16 14:31:57 2009
Subject: [Iccrg] Request for review of MulTFRC
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Dear congestion controllers!

We are urgently looking for reviewers for MulTFRC, which is a
new congestion control mechanism by Dragana Damjanovic
and myself. A page with all documentation and code is here:
http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~michawe/research/projects/multfrc/index.html
I also made the usual ICCRG page, with links to some comments
that we already received:
http://tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/ICCRG_multfrc

Our intention is to get this approved as a WG item of the DCCP WG,
with the plan to publish draft-welzl-multfrc-01.txt (the congestion
control mechanism description) as an Experimental RFC, and
also write a CCID specification for DCCP which should also become
an Experimental RFC.

I presented DCCP in the ICCRG meeting of the Stockholm IETF.
Dragana presented it in the DCCP meeting in Hiroshima last week,
where a part of the feedback was that the ICCRG should review the
congestion control mechanism to be sure it's safe to deploy. The
CCID specification (which doesn't yet exist) could then be discussed
in the DCCP group only.

MulTFRC is, as the name suggests, an extension of TFRC to
support multiple flows (much like MulTCP is such an extension
of TCP). To refine what the "safe to deploy" consideration could
mean, I'd like to quote a statement from Michio Honda, from his
comments about MulTFRC that he sent to the DCCP list:
"I guess the IETF needs to establish the criterion and principle
of N-TCP-friendliness before MulTFRC going ahead."

PLEASE, volunteers, step up! We need to get reviews done
before the next IETF meeting. In addition to in-depth reviews,
general feedback is of course also extremely welcome, ideally
to both this list and the DCCP list.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael