Subject: [iccrg] Request for time slot at the ICCRG meeting

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:55:40 +0100

Hi everyone

I would like to request a 30 minute time slot at the ICCRG session on
March 12th at the IETF meeting, for the following presentation:

Title: The State of the Art in Bufferbloat Testing and Reduction on Linux

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
Roskilde University

I present an overview of the features that have gone into recent Linux
kernels to mitigate bufferbloat; these include the Byte Queue Limits
and TCP Small Queue changes, and the various queuing disciplines added
in recent Linux releases.

An overview of Linux bufferbloat testing best practices is also given.
Currently available testing tools are presented, particularly the
bufferbloat community reference Real-time Response Under Load (RRUL)
test. Test results from lab tests of Ethernet connections are also
presented, showing a decrease in bufferbloat-induced latency under load
of several orders of magnitude, and demonstrating resilience against UDP
floods.

The results presented are also available in this paper:
http://akira.ruc.dk/~tohojo/bufferbloat/bufferbloat-paper.pdf

Thanks,
-Toke

-- 
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
[email-masked]