Subject: [iccrg] The NorNet Research Testbed for Multi-Homed Systems

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:07:34 +0200

Hi all,

the Simula Research Laboratory in Fornebu, Norway (https://simula.no/) is 
currently building up a large-scale Internet testbed for multi-homed systems. 
Therefore, this could be of interest for all researchers doing work on 
congestion control for multi-homed systems, i.e. particularly also for multi-
path transport protocols like MPTCP and CMT-SCTP.

Our website http://www.nntb.no/ now contains some up-to-date information on 
the NorNet project. The NorNet project is funded by the Research Council of 
Norway (Forskningsrådet) as part of the INFRASTRUKTUR programme and will be an 
open platform for all researchers on multi-homed systems, probably in a 
similar way as PlanetLab. Also, within the next few months -- possibly in the 
late summer/early autumn -- we will provide a workshop for interested 
researchers at the Simula Research Laboratory in Fornebu. More details will 
follow soon on our website.

Links:
- NorNet website: https://simula.no/
- Simula Research Laboratory: http://www.nntb.no/
- INFRASTRUKTUR (in Norwegian): 
http://www.forskningsradet.no/servlet/Satellite?c=Nyhet&pagename=infrastruktur%2FHovedsidemal&cid=1253966339813

-- 
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

=======================================================================
 Thomas Dreibholz

 Simula Research Laboratory
 Simula Innovation AS, Network Systems Group
 Visiting address: Martin Linges vei 17, 1364 Fornebu, Norway
 Mailing address:  P.O.Box 134, 1325 Lysaker, Norway
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://simula.no/people/dreibh
=======================================================================

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:20:25 -0700

Heh. RTTs in the 10+ second range at this concert...

http://www.nornet-testbed.no/2013/04/18/nornet-edge-observed-mobile-networks-during-justin-biber-concerts/

I have a ton of wired and wifi data from "the gathering" in oslo that
I'm still sorting through, but the early wifi data was similarly
awful. They tuned it up significantly by the last day of the show,
however, and I'm still sorting through it.

-- 
Dave Täht

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt: http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html