Subject: [iccrg] New: FreeBSD TCP stack inside NS3 simulations

From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:23:02 +1000

All,

Hopefully of interest to this list (and apologies in
advanced if you see this on multiple mailing lists).

I'm please to announce the v0.1 release of our NS-3/NSC
environment for doing network traffic simulations, using
the actual FreeBSD TCP stack inside the simulations.

The tool itself has been released as a VirtualBox virtual
machine (VM) appliance. This VM provides a FreeBSD 9-based
turn-key environment to experiment with the CAIA NS-3/NSC
modifications. Patched versions of the NS-3 and NSC code
are provided, along with ready-to-compile-and-run example
simulation code (multi-leaf dumbbell topology and incast
topology using FreeBSD 9's TCP stack in the simulated
end hosts). Simple scripts to produce initial plots of
simulation output are also provided as a starting point.

The VirtualBox ova can be found at http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/incast/tools.html

Many more details can be found in the README at http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/incast/tools/README.caia-freebsd9-amd64-caia-ns3-release-0.1.txt

This work is the culmination of significant effort by
Lawrence Stewart ([email-masked]) as part of his PhD
work, and was supported in part by a gift from the Cisco
University Research Program Fund.

cheers,
gja
-- 
Professor Grenville Armitage
Director, Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
http://caia.swin.edu.au

---

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:27:19 +0200

Thanks Grenville, and to everyone: I think such stuff is *very much* of interest to this list!

Cheers,
Michael

On 26. sep. 2013, at 22:23, grenville armitage <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/iccrg