Subject: Re: [iccrg] [aqm] [Bloat] AQM deployment status?

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 02:56:24 +0000

Curtis & all,

At 17:07 14/10/2013, Curtis Villamizar wrote:
>In enterprise and data center there is also very good control over
>what equipment is used and how it is used.  However, clue density
>decreases exponentially farther from the core and approaches zero in
>some data centers and in some enterprise IT departments.  This is also
>true of the part of service provider organizations that pick stuff for
>consumer access.  Where clue density is lowest, you'll find ignorance
>of AQM and buffer issues and lack of consideration for buffering and
>AQM when picking equipment for deployment and configuring it.

We (BT) use WRED extensively at the edge routers into our global 
enterprise MPLS network (see the 
<http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/application;JSESSIONID_btPortalWebApp=Jq1gl1Qz8sbdOQjvnRTGVGo1IfBs47bTe6Amy69S3bYcsw5A99sp!6984303?namespace=pns_catalogue&origin=mb_navigator_right_cd_editorial.jsp&event=link.print.editorial&PorS=products&contentType=techinicalspec&contentitemid=editorial/tech_spec/mpls_ts.xml&productDetail=products/mpls.xml>BT 
MPLS technical 
<http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/application;JSESSIONID_btPortalWebApp=Jq1gl1Qz8sbdOQjvnRTGVGo1IfBs47bTe6Amy69S3bYcsw5A99sp!6984303?namespace=pns_catalogue&origin=mb_navigator_right_cd_editorial.jsp&event=link.print.editorial&PorS=products&contentType=techinicalspec&contentitemid=editorial/tech_spec/mpls_ts.xml&productDetail=products/mpls.xml>specification).

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT