Subject: Re: [iccrg] Requests for IETF 102

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 18:45:17 -0700

Pinging again, since I've received no concrete requests. If you are
interested in having an ICCRG session held in Montreal, please write to me.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to find out if there are enough requests to make it
> worthwhile to meet in Montreal. If you think you'd like to have some time
> in front of the RG in Montreal, please send me a note as soon as you can.
>
> Thanks!
> - jana
>

---

From: "Bless, Roland (TM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 09:46:25 +0200

Hi Jana and all,

Am 28.04.2018 um 02:31 schrieb Jana Iyengar:
> worthwhile to meet in Montreal. If you think you'd like to have some
> time in front of the RG in Montreal, please send me a note as soon as
> you can.

we'd like to present results from our paper "Policy-Oriented AQM
Steering" that will be presented at Networking 2018.

>From the abstract:

Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms come with the promise of
reducing queuing delays. They, however, may adversely affect throughput
and network utilization and have proven to be difficult to
configure. More recent AQMs, such as CoDel, PIE, and GSP are easier
to configure but work with a fixed target delay setpoint.
Depending on the traffic the same setpoint value can result either
in unnecessary large delays or under-utilization of the link.
Policy-oriented AQM Steering automatically adapts the target delay
setpoint to the current traffic situation, in order to fulfill a
given quality-of-service policy.
Such a policy consists of a utilization goal and an upper delay bound.
This improves AQM performance with varying traffic situations and makes
the impact of deploying an AQM predictable. A prototypical
implementation of AQM Steering for GSP showed its performance advantages
compared to static AQM variants at speeds of 10 Gbit/s and 1 Gbit/s.

The pre-published version can be accessed here
https://doc.tm.kit.edu/2018-kit-aqm-steering-authors-copy.pdf

Regards,
 Roland