Subject: [iccrg] [Call for Nominations] ACM SenSys 2018 Test of Time Award

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 13:45:52 -0400

Call for Nominations: ACM SenSys 2018 Test of
Time Award

Deadline: 10/13/2018

The ACM SenSys Test of Time Award (ToTA) Committee calls for
nominations and self-nominations of the 2018 version of the award. The ToTA was
established by the SenSys Steering Committee in 2014 to recognize papers that
are at least 10 years old and have had a long-lasting impact on networked
embedded sensing system science and engineering.

In 2018, all papers that were published in or before SenSys 2008
and that have not already received a SenSys ToTA, are eligible for
consideration. The award committee and awardees over the years can be found on
the Test of Time Award page: http://sensys.acm.org/tot/.

The award will be determined based on academic, industry, and/or
societal impacts of the paper(s), and nominations should highlight
them:

Academic Impact,
such as papers that discovered or derived significantly new scientific and human
knowledge, that opened or closed research problems or areas, that motivated
substantial follow-on research, that generated growing interest over time, or
that influenced the education of young researchers and practitioners.

Industrial Impact,
such as papers that changed how practical systems are architected or
implemented, influenced industrial standards, transferred to novel engineering
practice, or contributed to the success and adoption of real
products.

Societal Impact,
such as papers that described novel applications or prototypes that delivered
significant social value, changed how people interact with each other or with
their surroundings or contributed to the sustainability of humans and
environments.

Please send nominations to Jie Liu ([email-masked])
and include (1) paper title, (2) author list, (3) year published, and (4) a
short paragraph justifying the nomination. The nomination deadline is
October 13, 2018. The Test of Time Award will be announced at SenSys 2018 in
Shenzhen, China.

Award Committee:
Prabal Dutta, UC Berkeley
Jie Liu, Microsoft
Niki Trigoni, Oxford University