Subject: [iccrg] Call for Paper: SenSys 2018 Doctoral Colloquium

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 19:54:45 -0400

The Doctoral Colloquium of SenSys 2018 seeks to provide a
friendly, supportive, and constructive environment where Ph.D. students can
present their research in progress for an open discussion guided by a panel of
experienced researchers. The Doctoral Colloquium will be structured as a series
of short presentations by the students followed by individual discussions,
feedback, and advice. Students with the most inspiring topics will also be
invited to present a poster during the main conference to leverage further
interaction with SenSys attendees.

Current Ph.D. students in the early stages of their career are
encouraged to submit a 2-pages research summary describing the work in progress
and including a 100-word abstract. Things to consider for inclusion in the
research summary might be: the expected contribution to the field; the original
idea or thesis statement; the problem domain and the specific problem addressed;
a brief overview of related work; the methodological approach; research carried
out and results so far. The abstract shall also include a one-paragraph
biography of the student, including the names and affiliations of the research
advisor(s), and expected date of dissertation submission. The student should be
the sole author, although contributions of the advisor and others should be
acknowledged.

The Doctoral Colloquium committee will review submissions to
ensure quality, relevance, and potential benefit from attendance. Authors of
accepted submissions are expected to participate in person to the Doctoral
Colloquium. There will be no separate registration fee for the Doctoral
Colloquium.

****Location****

The Doctoral Colloquium is part of Sensys 2018. Details about
the location and the rooms will be announced in due time.

****Submissions****

Research summaries will be reviewed by the chairs and panel
members. If the work is accepted, a student may be expected to make
clarifications and improvements to the research summary by the camera-ready
deadline. Submissions must be received no later than September 29th via web submission form.

Submissions must be in PDF format, be written in English, of no
more than two pages in length (all inclusive), and adhere to the Sensys
formatting styles found here.

The abstract should include the author’s name,
affiliation, and email address.

****Important Dates****

Submission Deadline: September 29, 2018, AOE

Notification of Acceptance: October 6, 2018

Camera-Ready: October 16, 2018

Colloquium: November 4, 2018

****Organizers****

Doctoral Colloquium Panelists:
TBD

Doctoral Colloquium Co-Chairs:
Polly
Huang (National Taiwan University)
Yuhan
Dong (Tsinghua University)

Program Committee:
TBD