Subject: [iccrg] [ACM/IEEE IPSN 2019] Call for papers

From: Vijay Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:45:06 +0200

The 18th ACM/IEEE The International Conference on Information Processing in
Sensor Networks (IPSN)

===================================================================
April 16-18, 2019, Montreal, Canada

IPSN'19 is part of CPS-IoT Week 2019, co-located with HSCC, ICCPS, CPS-IoT,
and RTAS.

http://ipsn.acm.org/2019

===================================================================

The International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks
(IPSN) is a leading annual forum on research in networked sensing and
control, broadly defined. IPSN brings together researchers from academia,
industry, and government to present and discuss recent advances in both
theoretical and experimental research. Its scope includes signal and image
processing, information and coding theory, databases and information
management, distributed algorithms, networks and protocols, wireless
communications, collaborative objects and the Internet of Things, machine
learning, mobile and social sensing, and embedded systems design. Of
special interest are contributions at the confluence of multiple of these
areas.

Like prior years, IPSN 2019 will continue its co-location with CPS-IoT
WEEK, the premier venue for research and development of Cyberphysical
Systems, and its strong focus on algorithms, theory, and systems for
information processing using networks of embedded, human-in-the-loop, or
social sensors, as well as new hardware and software platforms, design
methods, architectures, modelling, implementation, evaluation, deployment
experiences, and tools for networked embedded sensor systems and the
Internet of Things. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Sensor data storage, retrieval, processing
- Streaming sensor system tasking and operation
- Coding, compression, and information theory
- Theoretical foundation and fundamental bounds
- Network and system architectures and protocols
- IoT gateway platform architecture and services
- Outdoor, wide-area sensing systems
- Location, time, and other network services
- Programming models, languages, and systems
- Programming models for IoT ensembles
- Modeling, simulation, and measurement tools
- Operating systems and runtime environments
- Applications in health, wellness & sustainability
- Applications in smart cities and urban health
- Experiences, challenges, comparisons of platforms
- Discovery, coordination, and use of IoT services
- Security and privacy in heterogeneous systems
- IoT reliability, adaptability, and dependability
- Technical assessment of emerging IoT standards
- Wearable systems and data processing algorithms
- Sensor-enabled drone platforms and algorithms

In addition to IPSN's traditional focus, IPSN 2019 will place a particular
emphasis on embedded machine learning and computer vision, with a special
track centered on these topics. In this case, topics of interest include
but are not limited to:

- Machine learning and deep learning on sensor data
- New hardware and system design to enable machine learning on sensor data
- Novel embedded machine learning algorithms
- Data related issues, such as methods, tools, and analysis
- Computer vision for resource-constrained and mobile platforms

********Submission Guidelines********
Coming soon.

********Response Process********
As in previous years, IPSN will also elicit a review and response process.
After the initial review, the program committee may request a short
response from selected papers for additional clarifications. The authors
will get a short time window of roughly 24 hours to respond. Participation
in the response process is not mandatory.

****Joint statement from IPSN and IoTDI****
The two conferences are collaborating to create new synergies, also
exploiting their CPSWEEK bi-annual co-location. Prospective authors are
thus strongly encouraged to consider these guidelines:

- Contributions of embedded nature and applying to network segments from
the IoT gateway to field devices should be submitted to IPSN. Examples
include localization, low-power wireless networking, and embedded data
processing.
- Contributions with an end-to-end perspective or applying to network
segments from the IoT gateway to the cloud should be submitted to IoTDI.
Examples include cloud data processing, edge computing, and systems
covering multiple network segments.

The TPC chairs of both conferences may agree to move a submitted paper from
one to the other if they see a better fit, subject to the authors’ consent.
The final decision about where to submit, and therefore what program
committee will review the work, ultimately rests with the authors.

********Key Dates********
Paper Abstract Registration: October 10th, 2018 11:59pm AoE(UTC-12)
Paper Submission Deadline: (Firm*): October, 17th 2018 11:59pm AoE(UTC-12)
Authors’ rebuttal period December 17th - 19th, 2018
Acceptance Notification: January 16th, 2019
Camera-Ready Deadline: TBD

********Organizers********
General Chair:
Rasit Eskicioglu (University of Manitoba)

Technical Committee Chairs:
Luca Mottola (Politecnico di Milan and RISE SICS)
Bodhi Priyantha (Microsoft Research)