Subject: [iccrg] ACM/IEEE IPSN 2019: Call for Papers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 11:38:59 -0400

The 18th ACM/IEEE The International Conference on Information
Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN)

===================================================================

April 16-18, 2019, Montreal, Canada

IPSN'19 is part of CPS-IoT Week 2019, co-located with HSCC,
ICCPS, CPS-IoT, and RTAS.

http://ipsn.acm.org/2019

===================================================================

The International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor
Networks (IPSN) is a leading annual forum on research in networked sensing and
control, broadly defined. IPSN brings together researchers from academia,
industry, and government to present and discuss recent advances in both
theoretical and experimental research. Its scope includes signal and image
processing, information and coding theory, databases and information management,
distributed algorithms, networks and protocols, wireless communications,
collaborative objects and the Internet of Things, machine learning, mobile and
social sensing, and embedded systems design. Of special interest are
contributions at the confluence of multiple of these areas.

Like prior years, IPSN 2019 will continue its co-location with
CPS-IoT WEEK, the premier venue for research and development of Cyberphysical
Systems, and its strong focus on algorithms, theory, and systems for information
processing using networks of embedded, human-in-the-loop, or social sensors, as
well as new hardware and software platforms, design methods, architectures,
modelling, implementation, evaluation, deployment experiences, and tools for
networked embedded sensor systems and the Internet of Things. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:

- Sensor data storage, retrieval, processing

- Streaming sensor system tasking and operation

- Coding, compression, and information theory

- Theoretical foundation and fundamental bounds

- Network and system architectures and protocols

- IoT gateway platform architecture and services

- Outdoor, wide-area sensing systems

- Location, time, and other network services

- Programming models, languages, and systems

- Programming models for IoT ensembles

- Modeling, simulation, and measurement tools

- Operating systems and runtime environments

- Applications in health, wellness & sustainability

- Applications in smart cities and urban health

- Experiences, challenges, comparisons of platforms

- Discovery, coordination, and use of IoT services

- Security and privacy in heterogeneous systems

- IoT reliability, adaptability, and dependability

- Technical assessment of emerging IoT standards

- Wearable systems and data processing algorithms

- Sensor-enabled drone platforms and algorithms

In addition to IPSN's traditional focus, IPSN 2019 will
place a particular emphasis on embedded machine learning and computer vision,
with a special track centered on these topics. In this case, topics of
interest include but are not limited to:

- Machine learning and deep learning on sensor
data

- New hardware and system design to enable machine learning on sensor
data

- Novel embedded machine learning algorithms

- Data related issues, such as methods, tools, and
analysis

- Computer vision for resource-constrained and mobile
platforms

********Submission
Guidelines********

Submission guidelines will be available soon.

********Response
Process********

As in previous years, IPSN will also elicit a review and response
process. After the initial review, the program committee may request a short
response from selected papers for additional clarifications. The authors will
get a short time window of roughly 24 hours to respond. Participation in the
response process is not mandatory.

****Joint statement from IPSN and
IoTDI****

The two conferences are collaborating to create new synergies, also
exploiting their CPSWEEK bi-annual co-location. Prospective authors are thus
strongly encouraged to consider these guidelines:

- Contributions of embedded nature and applying to network segments
from the IoT gateway to field devices should be submitted to IPSN. Examples
include localization, low-power wireless networking, and embedded data
processing.

- Contributions with an end-to-end perspective or applying to network
segments from the IoT gateway to the cloud should be submitted to IoTDI.
Examples include cloud data processing, edge computing, and systems covering
multiple network segments.

The TPC chairs of both conferences may agree to move a submitted
paper from one to the other if they see a better fit, subject to the
authors’ consent. The final decision about where to submit, and therefore
what program committee will review the work, ultimately rests with the
authors.

********Key
Dates********

Paper Abstract Registration: October 10th, 2018 11:59pm AoE
(UTC-12)

Paper Submission Deadline: (Firm*): October, 17th 2018 11:59pm AoE
(UTC-12)

Authors’ rebuttal period December 17th - 19th,
2018

Acceptance Notification: January 16th, 2019

Camera-Ready Deadline: TBD

********Organizers********

General Chair:

Rasit Eskicioglu (University of Manitoba)

Technical Committee Chairs:

Luca Mottola (Politecnico di Milan and RISE SICS)

Bodhi Priyantha (Microsoft Research)