Subject: [iccrg] [SenSys 2018] Student Travel Grant Due Soon (Sept. 27th)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 13:05:55 -0400

A limited number of student travel grants are
available for students from US-based institutions to attend ACM SenSys 2018 or
its affiliated conference/workshop/events. Women and minorities will receive the
highest priority with research interests in wireless sensor networks and
sensor-enabled smart systems.

****IMPORTANT DATES****

- Application deadline: September 27, 2018, 11:59pm
Eastern Time

- Notification of acceptance: October 1, 2018

****ELIGIBILITY****

The support is intended to partially cover the costs
of attending the conference. The costs include conference registration,
transportation, lodging, and meals. Students receiving travel awards may be
expected to volunteer at SenSys 2018. Such volunteer tasks will not interfere
with attendance at the conference sessions. Selection for the student travel
grants will be in accordance with the following guidelines:

- The applicant must be a current student at a
recognized US institution of higher education.

- The applicant’s field of study must be
related to SenSys topics.

- Priority will be given to female and
under-represented students, as well as students pursuing their graduate studies
in minority-serving institutions, such as historically African-American
Universities, Hispanic serving institutions, Tribal colleges, and Universities,
and institutions that serve Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and persons
with disabilities.

- Student authors and presenters who do not have the
financial support to attend the conference.

- Students from under-represented states and
institutions are specifically encouraged to apply.

- Consideration will be given to other applicants
falling outside the above categories, but they need to demonstrate a
well-justified financial need.

****HOW TO APPLY****

1. The student applicant must fill up the
application form here (link).

2. The student should request her academic/research
advisor to send an email to [email-masked] with the subject "ACM SenSys
Travel Award Support Letter" and no more than a few sentence response to each
question below (bullet point response appreciated for each question below in
your letter):

a. Name of the student applicant and degree program
enrolled this semester.

b. Does the student belong to a group that is
under-represented in the STEM? If yes, describe.

c. Is your institution a minority-serving or an
under-represented institution or in an under-represented state? If yes,
describe.

d. If the student is presenting a paper, did the
paper result from a funded project? If yes, please state the title of the paper
and the source of funding.

e. If the student receives this travel award, will
you or your institution cover the costs that exceed the award?

f. Do you strongly support the application of this
student for this travel award?

Please provide any statements in support of this
application. Successful applicants will receive an award letter by e-mail
together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds, which will be
issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses. Note that the
student’s institution or advisor is expected to cover the remaining
expenses for the travel if the NSF budget does not completely cover it.