Subject: [iccrg] Call for Position Papers: 1st International Workshop on Next-Generation Operating Systems for Cyber-Physical Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 17:45:56 -0500

CALL FOR POSITION PAPERS

1st International
Workshop on Next-Generation Operating Systems
for Cyber-Physical Systems (NGOSCPS): On Beyond
POSIX
at CPS-IoT Week 2019, in Montreal, Canada

https://www.cse.wustl.edu/~cdgill/ngoscps2019/

IMPORTANT DATES

Position paper submission
deadline: Monday, February 18, 2019
Acceptance
notification:            Monday, February 25,
2019
Final copies of papers due:
Monday, March 11, 2019
Workshop:

Monday, April 15, 2019

This first NGOSCPS workshop
solicits position papers from researchers, and from other
stakeholders in academic, industry and
government organizations, with a focus on real-time and
embedded systems, operating systems, formal methods,
cyber-physical systems, and other disciplines, towards framing
and moderating a conversation among the workshop participants
to identify, document, and discuss important open
problems, potential approaches, and promising research agendas
towards a new generation of operating systems for
cyber-physical systems.

Interested participants are
encouraged to submit position papers of 2-3 pages in length
(including references) in two-column ACM conference format by
Monday, February 18, 2019 (anywhere on earth), at the
workshop's submission site:

https://ngoscps2019.hotcrp.com/paper/new

Authors of position papers that are selected to appear at the
workshop will be invited to give a brief presentation on the
topic of their position papers and to participate in a
moderated panel with audience interaction that will follow the
set of individual presentations in each topic area.

ACM formatting templates are available at

https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template.

To ensure uniform style across the workshop's position papers,
authors should please not change the ACM template in terms of
font sizes or page margins.

Topics of
interest for this year's workshop papers and
presentations include, but are not limited to:

- What assumptions that are embodied by the current state of the art
need to be re-examined to realize a new generation of more
effective operating systems for cyber-physical
systems?

- How must the current operating system
approaches evolve, and what new abstractions, semantics,
architectures, designs, implementations, etc. will be needed
to achieve such a vision fully?

- How could existing
operating systems, particularly those developed through
research to refine real-time, embedded, and cyber-physical
systems semantics, be leveraged towards those goals?

- What opportunities may exist for colleagues in different
cyber-physical systems research areas to collaborate towards
developing new approaches that cross-cut two or more
disciplines?

WORKSHOP PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Björn Brandenburg, MPI-SWS
Chris Gill (chair),
Washington University in St.louis
Gabriel Parmer, George
Washington University
Jing Li, New Jersey Institute of
Technology
Joël Goossens, Universite Libre de
Bruxelles
Liliana Cucu-Grosjean, INRIA
Rasit
Eskicioglu, University of Manitoba
Scott Brandt, University of
California, Santa Cruz
Silvia Zhang, Washington University in
St. Louis
Tei-Wei Kuo, National Taiwan University