Subject: [iccrg] BBRv2 and ECN (L4S) marking

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 05:50:23 +0000

Hi Neal (and Yuchung)

And thanks for the presentation and many thanks for the persistent work on
this. 

CC algorithms like BBR and their MIMD-ish behavior help to solve a dilemma
with the high speed access in the new cellular 5G access, namely that the
link throughput can change quite a lot over time and that on sometimes quite
short timescales depending on mobility.

I’m looking forward to try out BBRv2 when it is available. 

I had one question regarding the ECN (or L4S) marking experiments. Asked it
on Jabber but not sure I understood the answer. The minRTT was quite small
in this experiment, right?. Have you done experiments with higher minRTTs
like 5ms and 10ms ?

Regards

/Ingemar

==================================

Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc. 

Master Researcher

Ericsson Research

Network Protocols & E2E Performance

Labratoriegränd 11

971 28, Luleå, Sweden

Phone +46-1071 43042

SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289

[email-masked]

www.ericsson.com

                Nothing to stop this

             being the best day ever

                            U2

==================================

---

From: Neal Cardwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 16:21:37 -0400

Hi Ingemar,

Thanks for your note. We don't happen to have BBRv2 ECN results for minRTTs
in the 5ms-10ms range. We'll work on getting results for that range as soon
as time permits, and get back to you on this thread.

thanks,
neal

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 1:50 AM Ingemar Johansson S <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> link throughput can change quite a lot over time and that on sometimes
> quite short timescales depending on mobility.
>
> I had one question regarding the ECN (or L4S) marking experiments. Asked
> it on Jabber but not sure I understood the answer. The minRTT was quite
> small in this experiment, right?. Have you done experiments with higher
> minRTTs like 5ms and 10ms ?
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> /Ingemar
>