Subject: [iccrg] Background on my talk in iccrg

From: Peyman Teymoori <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 12:18:28 +0000

Dear all,

I would like to share the report (preprint) we have been working on with you before the meeting in Prague since my presentation will be about it. This is actually a research work, and we will consider deployment challenges more thoroughly in our future work. 

Kind regards,
Peyman

---

From: Emmanuel Lochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:55:27 +0100

Interesting paper. By the past, a former PhD student and I used to 
attempt quite similar objective by changing ECN marking to assess the 
level of congestion solving elementary symmetric polynomials in : 
http://oatao.univ-toulouse.fr/4779/1/Lochin_4779.pdf

EL

On 21/03/2019 13:18, Peyman Teymoori wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/iccrg

-- 
Emmanuel LOCHIN
Professeur ISAE
ISAE SUPAERO - Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace
10 avenue Edouard Belin - BP 54032 - 31055 TOULOUSE CEDEX 4 FRANCE -
http://www.isae-supaero.fr
Tel +33 5 61 33 84 85 - Fax (+33) 5 61 33 83 45
Web : http://personnel.isae.fr/emmanuel-lochin/

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 17:03:16 +0100

Peyman,

The approx additive property of combinatorial probability at low marking 
probability is only one way to get the additive network utility 
maximization property of the network.

Alternatively, you can transform the signal into the number space 
between [0,1] by using p/(1-p) which you can do in the end-system by 
measuring your congestion level as the distance between ECN marks, 
rather than the the probability of marking.

This is explained in the Unsaturated Marking section of this tech report:
http://bobbriscoe.net/projects/latency/ccdi_tr.pdf#subsection.3.1

We presented some of the highlights of this paper in ICCRG in the past, 
but I think we had to skip this section, due to lack of time (at least I 
cannot find the slides we originally prepared in the copy in the IETF 
proceedings, but I thought we had presented it at some time).

Bob

-- 
________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe                               http://bobbriscoe.net/

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 17:56:31 +0100

Addendum...

On 28/03/2019 17:03, Bob Briscoe wrote:
> Peyman,
>
> The approx additive property of combinatorial probability at low 
> marking probability is only one way to get the additive network 
> utility maximization property of the network.
>
> We presented some of the highlights of this paper in ICCRG in the 
> past, but I think we had to skip this section, due to lack of time (at 
> least I cannot find the slides we originally prepared in the copy in 
> the IETF proceedings, but I thought we had presented it at some time).
[BB] I just found it:
http://bobbriscoe.net/presents/1703ietf/1703L4S_DualQ_TCP_Prague-iccrg.pdf

Bob
> Bob Briscoehttp://bobbriscoe.net/