Subject: [iccrg] Talk request

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 19:16:22 -0700

I would like to give a brief (15 minutes) talk at the iccrg, with some
data in particular from this fq_codel deployment on google's wifi
products:

http://flent-newark.bufferbloat.net/~d/Airtime%20based%20queue%20limit%20for%20FQ_CoDel%20in%20wireless%20interface.pdf

the sch_cake deployment (shipped in linux 4.19 in august), some
ongoing work on the COBALT AQM algorithm, and briefly touch upon this
recent draft submittal:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-morton-taht-tsvwg-sce/?include_text=1

Abstract: The state of the fq_codel (RFC8290) deployment

After RHEL 8, fq_codel has become the default queuing algorithm in
nearly 100% of linux distributions worldwide (with a strong second to
sch_fq) - It also is widely adopted in many commercial and open source
QOS (SQM) systems. The WiFi version of this algorithm is shipping in
many systems also. sch_cake, leveraging a refined codel algorithm
(cobalt), shipped in linux 4.19. OSX, fq_codel on wifi 1 year ago.
This talk is a brief update and some data on how well this deployment
is working in the field, and a suggestion for future directions.

-- 

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740