Subject: [iccrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01.txt

From: MARCELO GABRIEL BAGNULO BRAUN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 12:14:55 +0100

Hi,
We have submitted a new version of the draft.
The main changes are that we moved out the specifics of the congestion
control algorithm and we only kept the mechanisms to control the
sender's rate from the receiver side.
Currently, the draft assumes that the congestion control algorithm
uses the RTT as input. We considered the possibility of also allowing
congestion control algorithms that use the one way delay, but there
seem to be several difficulties to implement this in TCP.
This basically rules out RFC6817 as possible congestion control
algorithm. I guess one question is whether we could use RFC6817 with
the RTT instead of the one way delay.
Comments of this or any other aspect of the document are welcome.
Regards, marcelo

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: <[email-masked]>
Date: mar., 29 oct. 2019 a las 11:55
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01.txt
To: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>, Praveen
Balasubramanian <[email-masked]>, Alberto Garcia-Martinez
<[email-masked]>, Gabriel Montenegro
<[email-masked]>, Marcelo Bagnulo
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marcelo Bagnulo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat
Revision:       01
Title:          rLEDBAT: receiver-driven Low Extra Delay Background
Transport for TCP
Document date:  2019-10-29
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bagnulo-iccrg-rledbat-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies the rLEDBAT, a set of mechanisms that enable
   the execution of a less-than-best-effort congestion control algorithm
   for TCP at the receiver end.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
MARCELO GABRIEL BAGNULO BRAUN
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid