Subject: [iccrg] BBR draft

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 17:04:58 -0800

Neal,

Is there intent to update the now badly-outdated BBR draft? I know there is
open-source code but having something written down in words is very
valuable.

Thanks
Martin

---

From: Neal Cardwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:58:56 -0500

Hi Martin,

Yes, we agree with the value of an Internet Draft to document that
algorithm, and we intend to update the BBR draft to cover BBRv2. However,
there are currently a few things on our team's to-do list that are in line
ahead of updating the draft. Primarily, we want to finish tuning the
algorithm to meet all of our performance targets, so we can finish rolling
it out for all Google production traffic. Currently BBRv2 is used for the
vast majority of Google production TCP traffic, but it is not deployed for
external TCP/QUIC traffic outside of global A/B experiments for a small
percentage of google.com and YouTube users.

best,
neal

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 8:05 PM Martin Duke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Neal,
>
> Is there intent to update the now badly-outdated BBR draft? I know there
> is open-source code but having something written down in words is very
> valuable.
>
> Thanks
> Martin
>