Subject: [iccrg] Estimating an Additive Path Cost with ECN

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:36:46 +0100

Dear all,

At the Prague IETF in 2019, Peyman gave this presentation called "Estimating an Additive Path Cost with Explicit Congestion Notification":
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-iccrg-estimating-an-additive-path-cost-with-ecn-00
and he shared the technical report in the email below.

This is just to inform you that this work has finally been published, in IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems; it's available under the "Early Access" area in IEEE Xplore:  
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9329063

The technical report is available here:
https://folk.universitetetioslo.no/michawe/research/publications/NUM-ECN_report_2019.pdf

Cheers,
Michael

> On 21 Mar 2019, at 13:18, Peyman Teymoori <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> 
> I would like to share the report (preprint) we have been working on with you before the meeting in Prague since my presentation will be about it. This is actually a research work, and we will consider deployment challenges more thoroughly in our future work. 
> 
> Kind regards,
> Peyman
> 
> <NUM-ECN.pdf>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/iccrg

---

From: Emmanuel Lochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:37:20 +0100

Hi Michael,

Funny :) Some years ago, I use to lay on the same idea and built a 
stochastic analytical method to assess the level of congestion using an 
ECN counter see "ECN verbose mode: A statistical method for network path 
congestion estimation 
<https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02554839/document>". /Computer 
Networks/, Elsevier, 2011, 55 (10), pp.2380-2391. 
⟨10.1016/j.comnet.2011.04.001⟩ 
<https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2011.04.001>. ⟨hal-02554839⟩ 
<https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02554839>

Anyway, I fully agree that we can do much more if we extend ECN!

Cheers,

Emmanuel

-- 
Emmanuel LOCHIN
ENAC - Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile
7, avenue Edouard Belin CS 54005, 31055 Toulouse Cedex 4 France
http://www.enac.fr
https://elochin.github.io/