Subject: [icnrg] Call for Papers - Elsevier Computer Networks Special Issue on Information-Centric Networking

From: Diego Perino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 18:04:59 +0200

********************** CALL FOR PAPERS - Elsevier Computer Networks 
**********************

                                  Special Issue on Information-Centric 
Networking (ICN)

www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-networks/call-for-papers/information-centric-networking/ 

********************************************************************************************************* 

Information Centric Networking (ICN, also referred to as Content-Centric 
Networking, or Name-Oriented Networking) is a new communication paradigm 
centered around named-data. Accordingly, network primitives (e.g., 
routing, forwarding, data transfer) are based on content names rather 
than host identifiers, and every node can potentially store content to 
serve user requests. ICN has received increasing attention in the last 
few years as it is considered a promising approach to overcome the 
emerging limitations of overlay infrastructures to deal with today's 
traffic trends. Indeed, ICN has the potential to natively address the 
challenge of distributing  the large amount of content associated with 
different Internet services in a scalable, flexible, and efficient way.

This special issue invites novel contributions on ICN architecture and 
mechanism designs for different environments (e.g., Public Internet, 
MANET, virtual private network, cellular networks), performance 
evaluation and analysis, implementation and experimental evaluation. 
Submissions related to ICN deployment scenarios and business models are 
also welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
-Naming and addressing
-Inter/intra domain name-based routing protocols
-High-speed name-based forwarding mechanisms
-Transport level algorithms and protocols
-Resource management, traffic control and traffic engineering
-Storage management and cache coordination strategies
-Content router design
-Security architecture and technologies
-Privacy and trust preserving mechanisms
-ICN legacy and new applications for multimedia, web services, mobile, 
cloud computing
-Services over ICN
-Mobility management
-Quality of Service
-Performance evaluation and analysis
-Implementation and practical experiences
-ICN testbeds and simulation frameworks
-ICN business models, deployment scenarios/use-cases and economic issues
-ICN regulatory policies and Intellectual Property Right issues

Important dates
*Paper submission: 15th December 2012
*Acceptance notification: 1st March 2013
*Final Papers: 1st May 2013

Guest Editors
*Yanghee Choi, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, [email-masked]
*Andrea Detti, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy, 
[email-masked]
*Mario Gerla, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA, [email-masked]
*Diego Perino, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Nozay, France, 
[email-masked]

Submission format
The submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and 
describe original research which is not published nor currently under 
review by other journals or conferences. Author guidelines for 
preparation of manuscript can be found atwww.elsevier.com/locate/comnet/

Submission Guideline
All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted 
through the Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select as 
"Information Centric Networking" when they reach the "Article Type" step 
in the submission process. The EES website is located at: 
http://ees.elsevier.com/comnet/

Guide for Authors
This site will guide you stepwise through the creation and uploading of 
you article. The guide for Authors can be found on the journal homepage 
(www.elsevier.com/comnet/). Papers are limited to twenty pages.

-- 
*Diego Perino, Ph.D.*
Research Engineer
Networking Research Department
Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Phone: +33 (0)1 3077 6164