Subject: [icnrg] New release (0.2) of NetInf nilib software now available

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:00:09 +0100

Hi.

The SAIL project is pleased to announce that a new version (0.2) of the
NetInf nilib code is now available in the Sourceforge repository at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/netinf/files/nilib/
The downloadable file for version 0.2 corresponds to changeset 126 in 
the Mercurial repository (see note about Sourceforge at the end of this
email).

This fully updates the c, Python, ruby, and clojure and the java code 
partially code to the most recent version of the ni naming specification
and the convergence layers match the recently published protocol
specification draft.  The servers now return metadata for cached NDOs as
JSON encoded strings.  To visualize these strings conveniently, you may
find it useful to install a JSON viewer add-on in your browser.  Here
are some references to suitable add-ons for various browsers:
- JSONview as a plugin for Firefox 
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jsonview/)
or Chrome 
(http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=jsonview%
20chrome&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%
2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fjsonview%
2Fchklaanhfefbnpoihckbnefhakgolnmc&ei=0SFuUMG_Csq30QX1_YDoCg&usg=AFQjCNGifPJiJxwt22KAA3bkqyOWO936mg) 

- For Mac's try http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/30621/xml-view-plugin
(I don't have first hand evidence of how well this works)

- Apparently you can work around the non-functionality of Microsoft 
Internet Explorer by following the instructions on
http://www.west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2011/Apr/01/Displaying-JSON-in-your-Browser 

Other improvements include:
- First stages of NRS functionality in c, Python and ruby
- Python setuputils installer for Python code
- QRcode image display for cached NDOs in Python

Note: Sourceforge is currently overloaded with updates to the code pages
of their web site due to migration from the old web interface/project
store to the new version.  As a result the web interface was about 10
days and 14 changesets out of date. However ther epository itself is
up-to-date and cloning or pulling from the repository will get you the 
most recent version.

Have fun!  Feedback and bug reports most welcome.

Regards,
Elwyn and the other authors.
For the SAIL project
http://www.sail-project.eu