Subject: [icnrg] CFP - SI on Information-Centric Networking for Multimedia, Social and Peer-to-Peer Communications

From: Angelos-Christos Anadiotis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:14:55 +0200

Dear all,

Please find below the CFP for a special issue on ICN for Multimedia, 
Social and Peer-to-Peer Communications in Wiley Transactions on Emerging 
Telecommunication Technologies. The deadline is on March 1st.

Best Regards,
Angelos-Christos Anadiotis

-----
*************************** Call for Papers **************************
*** Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT) ***
*** Information-Centric Networking for Multimedia, Social and 
Peer-to-Peer Communications ***

*Aim and Scope*

Information-centric networking (ICN) is an emerging networking paradigm, 
which is considered as a possible solution for the next generation 
Internet. Several research projects have been funded by the state and 
the industry towards the specification and implementation of ICN 
solutions, while IRTF has established a research group for this reason, 
the Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG).
However, the use of ICN in action will be decided based on its 
performance in several disciplines that, eventually, concern the users’ 
expectations from their applications over the future internet. 
Currently, statistics suggest that, in the near future, the Internet 
bandwidth will be mainly consumed by multimedia and peer-to-peer 
applications. Furthermore, social networking applications become more 
and more popular both to end users and businesses.
The goal of this special issue is to illustrate how information-centric 
networks can effectively address the issues rising in the fields of 
multimedia, social and peer-to-peer applications, outlining the 
advantages and disadvantages that they bring in these disciplines.

*Topics of Interest*

The topics relevant to this special issue include but are not limited to:
- Social networking applications over information-centric networks
- Adoption of multimedia streaming techniques to information-centric 
networks
- Multimedia QoE enhancements supported by information-centric networks
- Porting peer-to-peer applications/protocols to information-centric 
networks
- Supporting information-centric networks content discovery with 
cross-layer protocols inspired from social networking
- Business aspects of the use of information-centric networks for 
multimedia, social or peer-to-peer applications
- Experimental results of the use of information-centric networks for 
multimedia, social or peer-to-peer applications

Papers must be tailored to the problems of multimedia, social and 
peer-to-peer applications and explicitly consider an underlying 
information-centric network. The editors maintain the right to reject 
papers they deem to be out of scope of this special issue. The papers 
should be formatted according to the ETT guidelines 
(http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1541-8251/homepage/ForAuthors.html). 
Authors should submit a PDF version of their complete manuscript via 
Manuscriptcentral (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ett) according to the 
timetable below. During step 1 of the submission process, please select 
manuscript type “Special Issue – ICN”.

*Important Dates*

Submission Deadline: 1 March 2013
Author Notification: 1 May 2013
Final Manuscript: 1 June 2013
Publication: Late 2013

*Guest Editors*

- Murat Tekalp, Koc University, Turkey ([email-masked])
- Charalampos Z. Patrikakis, Technological Education Institute of 
Piraeus, Greece ([email-masked])
- Angelos-Christos G. Anadiotis, National Technical University of 
Athens, Greece ([email-masked])

-- 
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free."
/Linus Torvalds/