Subject: [icnrg] Call for Participation - IEEE INFOCOM Workshop on Emerging Design Choices in Name-Oriented Networking -(NOMEN '13)

From: MUSCARIELLO Luca OLNC/OLN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:03:29 +0100

***********************************************************************
                        Call for Participation
                       IEEE INFOCOM Workshop on
    Emerging Design Choices in Name-oriented Networking
                            (NOMEN 2013)
                 April 19, 2013   -    Turin Italy

                in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2013
***********************************************************************

Program is available at
http://infocom.di.unimi.it/index.php/nomenprogram.html

Registration is open at
http://infocom.di.unimi.it/index.php/registration.html

Scope of the workshop

The concept of name-oriented networking (also referred to as
Content/Information-Centric Networking) has emerged in recent
years as a promising paradigm for the future Internet architecture.
Instead of address-oriented communication, as in the current
Internet  architecture, a name-oriented network architecture
considers named data as first class entities and rethinks the
communication model in terms of what data to fetch instead of
which host to reach. This basic idea has spawned world-wide
research efforts in exploring various design approaches to enable
applications communicating by data names instead of host IP
addresses in a scalable, secure, and efficient manner.

Following the success of NOMEN 2012, the objective of this workshop
is to present up-to-date research advances in the field, with an
emphasis on new applications enabled by the novel paradigm and
on the evaluation and deployment challenges.

Organization

Technical Program Committee Chairs

- Giovanna Carofiglio, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, France
- Lixia Zhang, UCLA, USA

Steering Committee

- Van Jacobson, PARC, USA
- Luca Muscariello, Orange Labs, France Telecom, France
- Dave Oran, Cisco System, USA
- James Roberts, INRIA, France
- K.K. Ramakrishnan, AT&T, USA
- Anwar Walid, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, USA

-----------
For more information about the NOMEN workshop, please see:

http://infocom.di.unimi.it/index.php/nomenwksp

For more information about INFOCOM 2013 conference please see:
http://www.ieee-infocom.org/