Subject: [icnrg] Call for Paper to an event of possible interest (thinking about it)

From: Dirk Trossen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:54:51 +0100

All,

I thought that the CfP for the ACM Mobicom workshop on "Lowest Cost 
Denominator Networking for Universal Access" would be of possible 
interest to some here in the ICN community.

Despite its unusual title, the workshop seeks contributions from areas 
that can help achieving universal access to the Internet by lowering the 
cost of networking. Key benefits and promises of ICN, as often 
postulated, are the increased efficiency through an information-centric 
abstraction provided to applications, reducing middleware complexity, 
the possible support for new forms of QoS, the possibility for stateless 
forwarders (in some existing solutions), the enablement for caching at a 
low level of the overall system (therefore localising communication) for 
various purposes etc.

Hence, I would hope that some work of this community might fit well into 
this workshop. With it being an ACM Mobicom event, it's a good venue to 
be at and being exposed to a community that possibly grows alongside ICN.

You can find the CfP at 
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/lcd/lcdnet-2013.html with an extended 
deadline of June 15th, 2013!

Please consider submission!

Best,

Dirk