Subject: [icnrg] CCN-lite v0.1.0 released

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 03:03:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

we happily announce the immediate availability of CCN-lite, a reduced and 
lightweight - yet interoperable - implementation of the CCNx protocol.

The projected started with the goal of keeping the core CCNx logic below 
1000 lines of C and to run the same code unchanged in user and kernel 
space of both x86 and ARM, or OMNeT simulation.

As a benchmark of interoperability, and going beyond the reference 
implementation, CCN-lite is able to forward Xerox PARC's SYNC-Protocol 
over raw Ethernet.

The source code is available at Github, enjoy!

Best, the CCN-lite team in Basel

Christopher Scherb
Manolis Sifalakis
Christian Tschudin

---

http://www.ccn-lite.net/
https://github.com/cn-uofbasel/ccn-lite
http://www.ccnx.org/

Salient features of CCN-lite:

- a tiny CCNx core (1000 lines of C)

- three supported platforms: UNIX user space, Linux kernel, OMNeT
   all using the same core logic

- runs on Linux Intel x86 and ARM (Raspberry Pi) both user and
   kernel space

- fragmentation support for running the CCNx protocol natively
   over Ethernet, based on a preliminary fragment format under
   discussion with Xerox PARC

- packet scheduler support at CCNx message level as well as
   fragment level

- permissive ISC license

---
Prof. Dr. Christian F. Tschudin
Uni Basel | Head of Dept of Mathematics and Computer Science