Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 04:48:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Information-centric Networking: Baseline Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Antonella Molinaro
                          Suyong Eum
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-01.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about a set
   of scenarios that can be used as a base for the evaluation of
   different information-centric networking (ICN) approaches so that
   they can be tested and compared against each other while showcasing
   their own advantages.  Towards this end, we review the ICN literature
   and document scenarios which have been considered in previous
   performance evaluation studies.  We discuss a variety of aspects that
   an ICN solution can address.  This includes general aspects, such as,
   network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased scalability and
   reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching performance,
   real-time communication efficacy, energy consumption frugality, and
   disruption and delay tolerance.  We detail ICN-specific aspects as
   well, such as information security and trust, persistence,
   availability, provenance, and location independence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Gennaro Boggia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:56:09 +0200

Dear All,

please, find at the web site of TelematicsLab (italy) example code
implementing some of the scenarios and topologies reported in the
draft on ICN scenarios.

As reported in the Introduction of the draft, the code is available
for the download at the URL
http://telematics.poliba.it/icn-baseline-scenarios

We hope it could be useful for the community to set scenarios and
implement comparison among approaches.

Best regards,
Gennaro Boggia

2013/10/21  <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg