Subject: [icnrg] References on traffic engineering in ICN

From: "Trossen, Dirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 06:16:04 -0500

All,

As promised in the RG meeting, some work on traffic engineering through
resource coordination can be found in M. Reed, Traffic engineering for
Information-Centric Networks. IEEE ICC 2012 <http://www.ieee-icc.org/> .

Another one on cache management can be found in V. Sourlas, P. Flegkas,
G. S. Paschos, D. Katsaros, L. Tassiulas, Storage Planning and Replica
Assignment in Content-Centric Publish/Subscribe Networks, S.I. on
Internet-based Content Delivery, Computer Networks Elsevier
<http://www.elsevierscitech.com/cfp/CFP-CDN.pdf> , 2011

Also, project deliverables have reported on such resource coordination,
such as in
http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/5/58/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D2.4_Up
date_on_the_Architecture_and_Report_on_Security_Analysis.pdf (Section
2.2) and
http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/c/cb/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D4.5_Fi
nal_architecture_validation_and_performance_evaluation_report.pdf
(Section 3) and
http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/e/e0/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D3.3_Pr
ogress_Report_of_Component_Implementations_v1.00.pdf (Section 3)

Best,

Dirk

Dirk Trossen 
Principal Engineer
InterDigital UK, Inc.
Shoreditch Business Center
64 Great Eastern Street
London, EC2A 3QR
T: +44 20 7749 9178
[email-masked]
www.InterDigital.com

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of any privilege or confidentiality obligation. If you received this communication in error, please do not review, copy or distribute it, notify me immediately by email, and delete the original message and any attachments. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

---

From: Vasilis Sourlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:42:57 +0200

Hi all,

find below two more PURSUIT papers related to TE/Cache management. The
first one is for minimizing the overall network traffic through
managed caching in ICN, while the second one is also for minimizing
the overall network traffic through cache aware routing (opportunistic
in-network caching in routers is assumed).

- Vasilis Sourlas,  Lazaros Gkatzikis, Paris Flegkas and Leandros
Tassiulas, "Distributed Cache Management in Information-Centric
Networks", in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management
(IEEE TNSM), Volume 10, Issue 3, pp. 286-299, September 2013.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6522566&tag=1

- Vasilis Sourlas, Paris Flegkas and Leandros Tassiulas, "A Novel
Cache Aware Routing Scheme for Information-Centric Networks", in
Computer Networks - Elsevier,  Volume 59,  pp. 44-61, February 2014.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389128613004039

Regards,
Vasilis

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Trossen, Dirk
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> All,
>
>
>
> As promised in the RG meeting, some work on traffic engineering through resource coordination can be found in M. Reed, Traffic engineering for Information-Centric Networks. IEEE ICC 2012.
>
>
>
> Another one on cache management can be found in V. Sourlas, P. Flegkas, G. S. Paschos, D. Katsaros, L. Tassiulas, Storage Planning and Replica Assignment in Content-Centric Publish/Subscribe Networks, S.I. on Internet-based Content Delivery, Computer Networks Elsevier, 2011
>
>
>
> Also, project deliverables have reported on such resource coordination, such as in http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/5/58/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D2.4_Update_on_the_Architecture_and_Report_on_Security_Analysis.pdf (Section 2.2) and http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/c/cb/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D4.5_Final_architecture_validation_and_performance_evaluation_report.pdf (Section 3) and http://wiki.fp7-pursuit.eu/uploads/e/e0/INFSO-ICT-257217_PURSUIT_D3.3_Progress_Report_of_Component_Implementations_v1.00.pdf (Section 3)
>
>
>
> Best,
>
>
>
> Dirk
>
>
>
>
> Dirk Trossen
> Principal Engineer
> InterDigital UK, Inc.

-- 
______________________________________
Dr. Vasilis Sourlas
Researcher
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,University of Thessaly.
CEntre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH).
e-mail: [email-masked]
Skype: sourlas_bill
http://sites.google.com/site/vsourlas
______________________________________