Subject: [icnrg] CFP: International Workshop on Quality, Reliability, and Security in Information-Centric Networking (Q-ICN) - Deadline Extended to June 25

From: George Xylomenos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:22:51 +0300

We have extended the deadline for our ICN workshop in conjunction with QShine 2014. My
apologies to those of you who also got the notification from tccc-announce.

George Xylomenos
---------------------------

Call for Papers

International Workshop on Quality, Reliability, and Security in
Information-Centric Networking (Q-ICN)

20 August 2014
Rhodes island, Greece

http://mm.aueb.gr/q-icn/

Held in conjunction with 10th International Conference on Heterogeneous
Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine)
18-19 August 2014, Rhodes island, Greece.

Information-Centric Networking (ICN) seeks to evolve the Internet from
today’s host-based packet delivery towards retrieving information
objects by names in a secure, reliable, scalable, and efficient way.
Rapid and significant progress has been made in recent years, in terms
of architectures and technologies for scalable content-based routing and
retrieval, caching, content-based security, experience and lessons from
prototype development and experimentation.

This workshop invites original contributions on architectures, models,
algorithms, and protocols for supporting quality, reliability, and
security in Information-Centric Networking. Papers containing early
stage work and position papers highlighting research challenges and
directions are encouraged. The workshop program will include invited
presentations from experts in the field of ICN and will feature
(tentatively) a panel discussing challenges related to supporting
quality, reliability, and security in ICN.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

Content naming for quality, reliability, and security
QoS/QoE in ICN with heterogeneous network technologies
ICN for supporting quality and reliability over heterogeneous mobile and
wireless access
Architectural issues for supporting quality, security, privacy, and
reliability
Routing and multipath/multi-source transport to enhance reliability
Resource management mechanisms for supporting quality and efficiency
Access control mechanisms
Security and privacy mechanisms
Quality and reliability support in mobile scenarios
Quality, reliability, and security evaluation methodology
Limits and limitations of ICN for supporting quality, reliability, and
security
Quality, reliability, security and privacy-awareness in ICN economic and
business models
Experience from testbed development and experimentation
Applications exploiting quality, reliability, and security in ICN

Important dates
Paper submission: 25 June 2014 (extended)
Acceptance notification: 7 July 2014
Camera ready submission: 14 July 2014

Paper submission
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit papers that have not been
published or are under submission elsewhere. Submissions are expected to
be up to 4 pages, but papers up to a maximum of 6 pages will be
accepted, following the 2-column IEEE conference paper format in
10-point Times New Roman fonts. Prospective authors can also submit
2-page short papers describing work-in-progress or emerging concepts and
research directions.

All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Please visit the
QShine submission page athttp://qshine.org/2014  for detailed submission
requirements and procedures.

Publication
All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the QShine
conference and submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.

Workshop Co-Organizers
George C. Polyzos, AUEB, Greece
Vasilios A. Siris, AUEB, Greece

Program Committee Chair
Vasilios A. Siris, AUEB, Greece

Workshop Publicity
George Xylomenos, AUEB, Greece

Workshop Logistics
Giannis F. Marias, AUEB, Greece

Program Committee
Nicola Blefari-Melazzi, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
Konstantinos Katsaros, UCL, UK
Giannis F. Marias, AUEB, Greece
Paulo Mendes, Lusófona University, Portugal
Fragoudis Pantelis, INRIA, France
Christos Papadopoulos, Colorado State University, USA
George Parisis, University of Sussex, UK
George Pavlou, UCL, UK
Konstantinos Pentikousis, EICT, Germany
Sergios Soursos, Intracom, Greece
Dirk Trossen, InterDigital, UK
Christoforos Ververidis, AIT, Greece
George Xylomenos, AUEB, Greece

---------------------------
George Xylomenos
Mobile Multimedia Laboratory
Department of Informatics
Athens University of Economics and Business
http://mm.aueb.gr/~xgeorge/