Subject: [icnrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt

From: Joo-Chul Kevin Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:55:14 +0900

Hi, all

We submitted new version of "domain-based routing" draft.

There are several changes as follows:

- more detailed explanation of "domain-based structure"

- explanation of basic operations including sequence chart

- comparison table with other ICN approaches

In case of any question or comment, please let us know.

It would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

- Kevin

-----------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joo-Chul Lee and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:           draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting
Revision:       02
Title:          Scalable Domain-based Routing Scheme
Document date:  2014-09-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          17
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02

Abstract:
   Moving the focus from nodes to information objects raises scalability
   issues because the number of addressable information objects is huge
   compared to the number of nodes, so scalable routing is an important
   challenge issue of ICN. There are two types of naming scheme which
   have been proposed in the ICN literatures: hierarchical and flat. To
   guarantee clean separation of identifier from locator and scalability
   of routing, we chose flat name and designed domain-based routing. A
   significant requisite to be considered when flat name is used is an
   efficient name-resolution system (NRS). Bloomfilter-based NRS [BF
   NRS] is our proposal to this issue. Once a name is resolved into
   locator(s), discovery and delivery steps are carried out based on the
   routing scheme of locator. For scalability in routing of locator,
   network is projected into hierarchically-organized domain structure.
   A domain is a group of nodes or other domains. This composition could
   be physical or logical. Each domain has its own identifier, and the
   concatenation of domain IDs from top level domain to a certain domain
   which a node belongs to plays the role of "locator" for that node.
   Each domain has one or more domain gateways. All traffic from/to the
   domain should pass through any of domain gateways. Routing
   information based on this type of locators is exchanged among domain
   gateways by using modified link-state routing protocol which can
   suppress LSA explosion [LSR]. Thanks to this hierarchical domain
   structure, locators are highly aggregatable (which means scalable
   routing), and any node in heterogeneous network can communicate each
   other.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Joo-Chul Kevin Lee
Wire-Wireless Convergence Control Team, ETRI
161 Gajeong-dong, Yuseong-gu, daejon, 305-700, KOREA
E-mail: [email-masked]/[email-masked] Tel: +82-42-860-1021
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

---

From: 이주철 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:33:35 +0000

Hi, folks

I uploaded new version of "domain-based routing" draft.
Please read, and any comment would be highly appreciated!

- Kevin

---

A new version of I-D, draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joo-Chul Lee and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting
Revision:	02
Title:		Scalable Domain-based Routing Scheme
Document date:	2014-09-17
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat