Subject: [icnrg] Revisiting Information-centric Networking: Evaluation Methodology

From: Kostas Pentikousis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:37:22 +0100

Dear All,

With RFC 7476 published, it's time to revisit our evaluation methodology draft which expired in January. We will edit text that has aged and bring the document up to date, and hopefully ready for publication before Prague.

I have received new text contributions from Hitoshi Asaeda which will be integrated in the upcoming -02 version.

This is an open call for all ICNers to review, comment and propose text for the next version of  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-evaluation-methodology/. Feel free to propose text to the list, or send it to me directly.

References to published work on ICN evaluation are also very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Kostas

---

From: "Konstantinos V. Katsaros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:45:31 +0000

Dear Kostas, All,

I would like to propose a (minor) addition related to the investigation of
inter-domain aspects of ICN (e.g., name resolution). Several studies so far
have used the CAIDA data set to study such issues. However, the large size
of the inferred topology (approx. 45K ASes, close to 200K links), may in
some cases limit the scalability of the employed evaluation tool (e.g.,
simulator). We have previously faced this problem in our research [1][2],
and we came around it by using the scaled down topologies created following
the methodology described in [3]. Unfortunately there is no direct link to
these topologies, however I have contacted the authors and they can surely
provide them upon request.

Regards,
Konstantinos

[1] K. V. Katsaros, X. Vasilakos, T. Okwii, G. Xylomenos, G. Pavlou and G.
C. Polyzos, "On the Inter-domain Scalability of Route-by-Name
Information-Centric Network Architectures," IFIP-TC6 Networking, Toulouse,
France, May 2015 (to appear)

[2] K. V. Katsaros, N. Fotiou, X. Vasilakos, C. N. Ververidis, C.
Tsilopoulos, G. Xylomenos, and G. C. Polyzos, "On Inter-domain Name
Resolution for Information-Centric Networks," IFIP-TC6 Networking, Prague,
Czech Republic, 2012

[3] Xenofontas Dimitropoulos, Dmitri Krioukov, Amin Vahdat, and George
Riley. 2009. Graph annotations in modeling complex network topologies. ACM
Trans. Model. Comput. Simul. 19, 4, Article 17 (November 2009), 29 pages.
DOI=10.1145/1596519.1596522

On 16 March 2015 at 16:37, Kostas Pentikousis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> With RFC 7476 published, it's time to revisit our evaluation methodology
> draft which expired in January. We will edit text that has aged and bring
> the document up to date, and hopefully ready for publication before Prague.
>
> This is an open call for all ICNers to review, comment and propose text
> for the next version of
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-evaluation-methodology/.
> Feel free to propose text to the list, or send it to me directly.
>
> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg
>