Subject: [icnrg] IETF Hackathon in Prague

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 16:09:21 +0000

The first ever IETF Hackathon was held in Prague:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietfhackathon.

It was so successful that we plan to have another hackathon in Prague.
There was some IoT related work, including BIER powered HOMENET multicast
routing 
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/92hackathon/current/pdfgX5yu0fClA.pdf
).
We would like to put more emphasis on IoT in Prague, and some of the work
being done in ICNRG seems a good fit.

We are still very early in the planning for Prague, but I wanted to get
the word out to you ASAP so your could churn on it a bit and save the
dates, July 18-19. I am starting to identify technologies and champions
for the Hackathon in Prague already, so if you are interested please let
me know and I will add you to my list.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 18:45:57 +0200

Folks,

  just to let you know: Several people from the RIOT community [1] will 
attend the IETF meeting in Prague and will be available during the 
Hackathon. RIOT is the friendly operating system for the IoT -- if your 
IoT device cannot run Linux due to constrained resources, then run RIOT! 
We support multiple network stacks and are definitely interested in ICN 
[2].

  If you plan an implementation of ICN solution for the IoT, let's talk. 
The RIOT community is more than happy to do live hacking with you.

Thanks
  matthias

[1] http://riot-os.org/

[2] "Information Centric Networking in the IoT: Experiments with NDN in 
the Wild" http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2014/papers/p77.pdf

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg
> 

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:47:05 +0000

Hi Matthias,

This is great to hear. To add RIOT to the list of technologies at the
hackathon in Prague, we need champions who can provide an overview of the
technology, suggest potential projects, and help participants get up to
speed. Can you and/or others on this list volunteer to help in that
capacity?

For ongoing discussions about the hackathon, please subscribe to the
[email-masked] list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Oliver Hahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 23:07:32 +0200

Hi Charles!

> speed. Can you and/or others on this list volunteer to help in that

I guess, I can help here, too.

> [email-masked] list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

Done. Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Oleg
-- 
Microsoft Research-Inria Joint Centre
Bâtiment Alan Turing
1 rue Honoré d'Estienne d'Orves
Campus de l'École Polytechnique
91120 Palaiseau
Mail: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.riot-os.org