Subject: [icnrg] CFP: Content Centric Internet of Things 2016 - IEEE CCNC 2016 Special Session

From: Haiyong Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:52:30 +0800

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

CCIoT 2016: IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC)
Special Session on Content Centric Internet of Things (CCIoT)
Held in conjunction with the International Consumer Electronics Show, Las
Vegas, NV, USA
January 09-12, 2016

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

Content-Centric Networking (CCN) and Named Data Networking (NDN) have
recently emerged as a promising Future Internet architecture that aims to
cope with the increasing demand for highly scalable and efficient
information dissemination. Moving away from the Internet's legacy
host-to-host communication model, CCN/NDN promises a new host-to-data
communication model, by leveraging named data, name-based routing and
in-network storage for caching. At the same time, the rise of the Internet
of Things (IoT), with its rich set of challenges and requirements placed
upon the current Internet, provide an interesting ground for showcasing the
contribution and performance of CCN mechanisms.

This special session calls for recent research, practical experiences, and
development lessons on the intersection of the paradigms of CCN and IoT.
The objective is to promote the integration of Content Centric Networking
and Internet of Things by addressing the unique problems in IoT, such as
mobility, interference of wireless channel, limitation of storage and
battery, security and privacy. Novel applications, practical experience and
solutions on deploying CCN over IoT are also welcome.

The Special Session on Content Centric Internet of Things (CCIoT) seeks
original contributions in the following topical areas, plus others that are
not explicitly listed but are closely related:

* Content-centric network architecture for IoT
* RFID-based naming strategy
* Information publish/subscribe mechanism for data collection
* Routing in wireless CCN
* Resource management such as power, computing, storage, bandwidth, and
user interface
* Context-aware networking for smart home, health care, transportation, etc.
* Novel application, prototype or solution in consumer networks with CCN
* Security, privacy, and trust in CCN over IoT
* Contextual communication in IoT applications

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

We encourage submissions of high-quality technical papers reporting
original research that has not been previously published, and is not
currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. To ensure high quality of
the contributions, all papers submitted to this special session will be
reviewed using the same procedure and criteria as regular papers.

All paper submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper
length of six (6) printed pages (10-point font) allowed for free and three
(3) additional pages allowed with a charge of USD100 each. Papers exceeding
9 pages will not be accepted on EDAS.

Standard IEEE conference templates for LaTeX formats are found at here:

http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

You can also use the sample template for Microsoft Word:  A4, US letter.

All paper submissions are handled through EDAS, and follow the technical
program submission and review schedule. Papers accepted for this special
session are included in the conference proceedings as part of the technical
track and published in the conference proceedings including IEEE Xplore. At
least one author for each accepted paper must register for the conference
and present the paper during the Special Session.

Please use the following link to submit to the special session:

http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=20477&track=74735

You may find IEEE PDF eXpress helpful in the preparation of your manuscript
to ensure fonts are embedded, etc.

IMPORTANT DATES

Special Session papers due: July 24, 2015
Acceptance notification: September 4, 2015
Final camera ready: November 2, 2015

SESSION ORGANIZERS

*Co-Chairs*

Cedric Westphal, Futurewei Technologies & UCSC
Haiyong Xie, USTC & CAEIT Innovation Center

*Technical Program Committee*

Giovanna Carofiglio, CISCO, France
Tao Huang, Beijing University of Postal and Telecommunications
Dirk Kutscher, NEC Laboratories Europe, Germany
Yanhua Li, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
Luca Muscariello, Orange Labs, France Telecom, France
Ravi Ravindran, Huawei US Research Labs (Futurewei Technologies), USA
Jin Wang, Soochow University, China
Xinwen Zhang, Samsung Telecom America, USA
Yanyong Zhang, Rutgers University, USA