Subject: [icnrg] Call for Papers: IEEE workshop on Content Delivery in Heterogeneous Networks (CDHetNet) in conjunction with IEEE Wimob 2015

From: "Prof. Flávio de Oliveira Silva, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 06:12:08 -0300

Dear colleagues,

Our apologies for possible cross posting.

Please consider submitting your work to the IEEE workshop on Content
Delivery in Heterogeneous Networks (CDHetNet) in conjunction with IEEE Wimob
2015, October 19-21, 2015, Abu Dhabi, UAE

*SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 18th July, 2015*

http://www.facom.ufu.br/~flavio/CDHetNet/

CALL FOR PAPERS
============================================================================
======================
Call for Papers: IEEE workshop on Content Delivery in Heterogeneous Networks
(CDHetNet) in conjunction with IEEE Wimob 2015

According to the traffic forecasting report of CISCO, Internet traffic will
be increased tenfold in the next ten years and annual global IP traffic will
surpass the Zettabyte (1000 Exabytes) threshold in 2016. Half of the
Internet traffic will be carried over Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) by
2018, especially the traffic of video streaming, video gaming, video
conferences and multimedia traffic over mobile devices like tablets, smart
phones and machine-to-machine (M2M) modules. 
As a result, efficient content delivery technologies are crucial for
heterogeneous networks, e.g., 4/5G cellular networks, LTE-Advanced networks,
Telco-CDNs, mobile CDNs, Content Centric Networks (CCNs), optical networks,
Software-Defined Networks (SDN), Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), Vehicular
Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs), converged wireless and wired networks and etc. 
>From the point of view of content owners, it is Important to use the
cutting-edge content distribution solutions to improve the quality of
experience for end users, increase ad impressions, improve conversion rates,
and strengthen customer loyalty. For network operators, developing efficient
content delivery techniques can reduce subscriber churn, facilitate the
development of value-added services, reduce traffic on the core network, and
enable operators to sell CDN services to enterprises and third-party content
owners.
-----------------------------------------
Description and Topics of CDHetNet
-------------------------------------------
The workshop CDHetNet invites paper submissions to explore recent advances
and disseminate the state-of-the-art research on efficient content delivery
technologies in heterogeneous networks, including all levels of designing,
developing and applications.
It will also identify potential research directions that will lead to
innovations within this area. We expect the papers of this workshop serve as
valuable references for a large audience from both academia and industry.
Original, unpublished contributions and survey/tutorial types of articles
will be considered.
The topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Video streaming in Content Delivery Networks, Telco-CDNs, mobile CDNs
• Dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP 
• Content delivery for smart cities (multimedia-based tour recommendation
for museum visit, city tourism) 
• Content delivery for Massive Multiplayer Online Games (MOMOG) and MOOC
• Content delivery for 3D multimedia content
• Content delivery for e-health, e-commerce, e-learning, and online virtual
conferences
• Content delivery in Content Centric Networks (CCNs)
• SDN applications for content delivery in heterogeneous network
• SDN based architectures from content delivery
• Software-Defined Content delivery in SDNs
• Content delivery in cellular networks, LTE networks
• Content delivery in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks (Safety applications and
Comfort applications)
• Content delivery in Wireless Sensor Networks 
• Content delivery for Camera-Based Networks
• Content delivery in Passive Optical Networks (PON)
• Content Delivery in Optical Networks 
• Resilient content delivery in optical clouds
• Optimization algorithms for content delivery 
• Security issues for content delivery 
• Quality of Experience (QoE) Enhanced content delivery
• Network reconfiguration and traffic engineering for content delivery
• Network control and management for efficient content delivery
• Digital signal processing and multimedia coding technologies for efficient
content delivery
• Energy-efficient/green content delivery
• New network architecture design for content delivery system 
• European project survey about content delivery technologies 
-----------------------------------------
Schedule 
-----------------------------------------
Submission Deadline:  July 18, 2015 (Extended)
Acceptance Notification:  July 31, 2015 
-----------------------------------------
Submission
EDAS submission site - http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=20791
-----------------------------------------   
Workshop co-chairs 
	Dr. Fen Zhou ([email-masked]), University of Avignon,
France. 
	Dr. Zuqing Zhu ([email-masked]), University of Science and
Technology of China, Hefei, China. 
	Dr. Flávio de Oliveira Silva ([email-masked]), UFU – Federal
University of Uberlândia, Brazil.