Subject: [icnrg] ndnSIM 2.1 released

From: Spyridon Mastorakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:34:18 -0700

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce release of ndnSIM version 2.1
(http://ndnsim.net/2.1/), a new release of the NDN simulator.

In addition to multiple other improvements and updates, the new
version includes a major new feature: ndnSIM-specific implementation
of Face abstraction from ndn-cxx library. As a direct result of this
new feature:
- we have enabled support for NFD's RIB manager, and
- it is now possible to use codebases of the existing applications to
drive simulations (see http://ndnsim.net/2.1/guide-to-simulate-real-apps.html).

For more details about the release, refer to http://ndnsim.net/2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Source code, instruction how to install how to compile ndnSIM,
tutorials, FAQs, and other useful resources are available on official
ndnSIM website: http://ndnsim.net/.

* * *

The latest version of the ndnSIM technical report:
http://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0028-1-ndnsim-v2/

* * *

The ndnSIM Team:
Alexander Afanasyev, Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis, and others
(http://ndnsim.net/2.1/meta/authors.html)