Subject: [icnrg] [ICNRG] Multiple Namespace Resolution System

From: Jianping Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:13:44 +0800

Dear all,

Thank you for having allowed Cedric to present our solution at the interim
meeting. The comments that Cedric gave us made us think that other work may
be needed as to define the framework and refine the requirements for this
work. Our premise was and still is that at least for a while there could be
multiple architectures co-existing, e.g, ICN and legacy-internet. And while
IP over CCN was demonstrated successfully it remains that we could still
face a situation where “islands” of different and competing architectures
need to co-exist in a heterogeneous “Inter-net”, hence the idea of our
namespace resolution. We would appreciate feedback from the list on these
ideas.

Best regards,

Jianping Wang, Associate Professor of Computer Science

City University of Hong Kong

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 02:20:41 +0100

Hello Wang,
  It will be great if you could also point out to either the presentation
or any document you may have so that some of us could look at it. Thanks.

Regards

On 6 October 2015 at 02:13, Jianping Wang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg
>
>

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d

---

From: Jianping Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 18:30:34 +0800

Dear Arjuna & all,

The document can be found in the following link:

https://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-wang-fia-namespace-01.txt

We look forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Jianping

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Thank you for having allowed Cedric to present our solution at the
>> interim meeting. The comments that Cedric gave us made us think that other
>> work may be needed as to define the framework and refine the requirements
>> for this work. Our premise was and still is that at least for a while there
>> could be multiple architectures co-existing, e.g, ICN and legacy-internet.
>> And while IP over CCN was demonstrated successfully it remains that we
>> could still face a situation where “islands” of different and competing
>> architectures need to co-exist in a heterogeneous “Inter-net”, hence the
>> idea of our namespace resolution. We would appreciate feedback from the
>> list on these ideas.
>>
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>