Subject: [icnrg] ACM ICN (Information Centric Networking) 2016 @ Kyoto: CALL FOR WORKSHOPS (Deadline: March 30, 2016) and TUTORIALS (Deadline: July 8, 2016)

From: "Mayutan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:57:26 +0100

ACM Information Centric Networking (ICN) 2016
CALL FOR TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS

http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2016

CALL FOR TUTORIALS

Following last year's successful tutorials, ACM ICN 2016 solicits proposals
for half- or full-day tutorials on topics relevant to the ICN research that
can help the audience gain further understanding of this new and exciting
area.  In particular, we seek tutorials on intermediate and advanced topics
of critical importance to the maturing ICN field  (such as, but not limited
to, applied cryptography, or technological advances for ICN, or application
of ICN to specific fields such as IoT), offered through collaboration
between ICN researchers and experts in other domains.

Tutorials may be lectures, hands-on training, or any combination of the
above. Exploring diverse ways of interacting with the audience is welcome,
as are cross-disciplinary topics. Tutorial proposals should be submitted in
PDF format, not exceeding three (3) pages in total, and be sent to the
workshop/tutorial chairs.

Each proposal must include:

- A motivation for the tutorial (why this, why at ICN 2016?)
- Detailed biographies of the trainers.
- An outline of the tutorial content.
- The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on)
- References to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable)
including their date, venue, topics and number of participants and the
motivation for the new proposal.
- Requirements for the tutorial room.
- Requirements for the attendants (e.g., must bring own laptop, familiarity
with certain technologies or topics, etc.).
- Any limitations (e.g., number of participants).

Important tutorial dates
    Tutorial Proposal Submission Deadline: July 8, 2016
    Notification of Acceptance: July 15, 2016
    Conference: September 26-28, 2016

CALL FOR WORKSHOPS

ICN has both broad application and draws from many related technical
fields.  Recognizing this, ICN 2016 may hold one or two workshops in
conjunction with the main conference, tentatively on 26th September 2016,
intended to act as bridges between the ICN community and researchers in
related fields such as mobility, security, caching, applications, ICT4D,
etc.  We encourage workshop proposals co-chaired by members of the ICN
community and these other fields.  Workshop proposals should be submitted
in PDF format,  and be sent to the Tutorial/Workshop chairs.

A workshop proposal should contain at least the following information:

- Motivation and rationale for the workshop.
- A  draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
-The workshop deadlines, both internal and external. See below for
guidelines on important external guidelines.
- Names and affiliations of main organizers. Include a tentative
composition of the committees (as complete as possible). Please indicate
whether prospective TPC members have been contacted, and whether they have
accepted the invitation. - We strongly discourage speculative TPC listings.
- Workshop format, i.e., expected number of presented papers, invited
talks, panels, demonstrations, etc. Also, whether you expect to be full day
or half day workshop.
- Expected number of participants. Further, if the workshop is not a
teaching workshop, please include the expected number of submissions.
- Prior history of this workshop, if any, including number of submissions,
number of accepted papers, and attendee count. If the workshop was
co-located with another conference please include details and a brief
description why ICN is an appropriate venue.

Note that workshop format itself should favor interaction among
participants as well as community building.

Important workshop dates
    Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: March 30, 2016
    Notification of Acceptance of Workshop proposals: April 15, 2016
    Workshop paper submission deadline: July 20, 2016
    Workshop paper notification deadline: August 15, 2016
    Workshop camera ready version submission: September 1, 2016
    Conference: September 26-28, 2016

http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2016