Subject: [icnrg] ACM Information Centric Networking (ICN) 2016 @ Kyoto: CALL FOR Short/Long PAPERS (Registration Deadline: May 7, 2016)

From: "Mayutan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:40:50 +0200

ACM Information Centric Networking (ICN) 2016
CALL FOR Short/Long PAPERS (Registration Deadline: May 7, 2016)
http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2016

Information Centric Networking (ICN) is a new networking paradigm intended
to provide access to information without requiring an explicit binding of
that information to a particular location. By directly addressing
information, ICN supports mobile users and mobile networked devices, offers
a higher-level communication service to applications, and promotes
authentication and efficiency in the transmission and dissemination of
information. Over the last few years, a global research and development
community has grown around the idea of ICN.

ICN 2016 is the third edition of the ACM Conference on Information-Centric
Networking, the premier international forum for researchers and
practitioners to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends,
experiences, and challenges in information centric networking. ACM ICN 2016
will be a single-track conference featuring paper and poster presentations,
panel discussions, and demonstrations.  In addition to the "best  paper
award", ACM ICN 2016 will give this year a "best demo award" (based on
community judging by registered participants), as well as a "best dataset
award" (for poster submissions qualifying for this category).

The Technical Program Committee of ACM ICN 2016 invites high-quality
submissions describing unpublished research results in all aspects of ICN.
The third edition on ACM ICN will especially welcome work that reflects the
maturity of ICN field, under several angles, including for instance
interoperability, architectural comparison with quantitative assessment,
and critical reassessment of previous work with particular emphasis on
contributions to architectural designs and reproducible experimental
evaluations.

Topics of interest include:
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) for ICN and their evaluation
- Applications of ICN
- Architecture design and evaluation
- Caching
- Comparison of different ICN architecture designs
- Critical analysis of previous work in ICN
- Deployments of ICN
- Economics and business models
- Evaluation methodology and metrics
- Experience from implementation
- Feasibility studies of ICN for high speed networking
- ICN support for ad hoc, direct peer-to-peer communication
- Implementation strategies for ICN
- Interoperability across ICN architectures
- Management in ICN
- Opportunities for ICN in the developing world
- Privacy
- Routing in ICN
- Scalability analysis of ICN
- Tools, experimentation facilities, and measurement methodology for ICN
- Transport issues in ICN
- Trust management and access control

Submission instructions

Papers submitted for consideration must not have been already published
elsewhere and must not be under review or submitted for review elsewhere
during the consideration period. Specifically, authors are required to
adhere to the ACM Policy and Procedures on Plagiarism and the ACM Policy on
Prior Publication and Simultaneous Submissions.

ACM ICN 2016 invites two kind of submissions, namely Full-paper and
Short-paper submissions. All submissions must be in English and in PDF
format. Submissions that do not comply with these instructions will be
rejected without review. Papers must be submitted electronically through
the ICN 2016 submission site. Please refer to the detailed submission
instructions that are reported on the ACM ICN 2016 website.

Full-papers can be up to 10 pages in length following the ACM SIGCOMM
format, and should convey results of mature research. Short-papers can be
up to 6 pages in length and should report on cross-disciplinary work, or
less mature work not qualifying for a full submission. Papers with doctoral
students as first authors are particularly encouraged. Note: Submissions
exceeding the 6 pages length will be considered as full-papers.

Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality,
importance of contribution, soundness, evaluation, quality of presentation
and appropriate comparison to related work. The program committee as a
whole will make final decisions about which submissions to accept for
presentation at the conference. A "best paper award" will be attributed
from the program committee to one among the accepted papers in each of the
Full paper and Short paper tracks.

The program committee may propose that authors either 1) revise papers of
special merit and resubmit them to an ICN'16 workshop for consideration, or
2) present their work with a poster accompanied by a 2-page extended
abstract. Please notice that ACM ICN 2016 also have a specific call for
proposals for workshops, demos, tutorials and panel sessions.

Important Dates
    Paper Registration Deadline (Long and Short): May 7, 2016 (hard
deadline)
    Paper Submission Deadline (Long and Short): May 15, 2016 (hard deadline)
    Acceptance Notification: July 7, 2016
    Camera Ready Due: August 15, 2016
    Conference dates: September 26-28, 2016

http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2016