Subject: [icnrg] [CCNx-TWG] 4/13/16 meeting notes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:09:26 +0000

Here are the notes from yesterday's phone call. The next meeting will be on Wednesday 4/27/16 at 11am PST. The agenda will be distributed on Monday 4/25/16. 

--      
Christopher Wood

---

From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:07:16 +0000

Thanks for the notes.

I see one are of concern is moving data around.  I suspect large caches,
but not sure if this is more just fractional content pieces or super large
data sets.  For moving large data sets around, Charles Smith has rewritten
the Saratoga transport protocol in C++.  I don¹t think it has congestion
control in the implementation, but we have had discussions in the past of
how to do this.  Anyway, such a protocol may be useful to the ICN
community for moving large data sets around.

https://sourceforge.net/p/saratoga/wiki/A%20reference%20implementation%20in
%20c%2B%2B/

Also, one of the original application target did not require congestion
control.  It was/is targeted at moving really large data sets:
http://saratoga.sourceforge.net/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga/charles-smith-sar
atoga-ccsr-seminar-surrey.pdf

Will Ivancic

On 4/14/16, 12:09 PM, "icnrg on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Here are the notes from yesterday's phone call. The next meeting will be
>on Wednesday 4/27/16 at 11am PST. The agenda will be distributed on
>Monday 4/25/16. 
>
>--      
>Christopher Wood