Subject: [icnrg] RFC 7945 on Information-Centric Networking: Evaluation and Security Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7945

        Title:      Information-Centric Networking: Evaluation and 
                    Security Considerations 
        Author:     K. Pentikousis, Ed.,
                    B. Ohlman, 
                    E. Davies,
                    S. Spirou, 
                    G. Boggia
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 95970
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-evaluation-methodology-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7945

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7945

This document presents a number of considerations regarding evaluating
Information-Centric Networking (ICN) and sheds some light on the
impact of ICN on network security.  It also surveys the evaluation
tools currently available to researchers in the ICN area and provides
suggestions regarding methodology and metrics.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC