Subject: [icnrg] [CFP] 4th INFOCOM 2017 NOM Workshop

From: Alex Afanasyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:36:56 -0800

** Deadline extended until January 17, 2017 **

=========================================================
CALL FOR PAPERS
The fourth INFOCOM 2017 Workshop on Name-Oriented Mobility:
Architecture, Algorithms and Applications (INFOCOM 2017 NOM Workshop)

Atlanta, GA, U.S.A. on May 1, 2017

http://infocom2017.ieee-infocom.org/workshop/nom
=========================================================

The organizing committee is delighted to invite you to the fourth
INFOCOM 2017 Workshop on Name-Oriented Mobility: Architecture,
Algorithms and Applications (INFOCOM 2017 NOM Workshop) in Atlanta,
GA, U.S.A. on May 1, 2017.

Mobility support facing unprecedented challenges due to ever
increasing number of mobile devices at global scale, ever increasing
ranges of diversity of these devices, and ever increasing demand of
both data volumes and security requirements by these devices; these
challenges demand a new exploration of supporting
architecture. Information-Centric Networking (ICN) is a promising
direction to transition towards the data-oriented communication with
one of the research focus targeting specifically mobile and wireless
environments. In recent years, ICN is attracting a widespread interest
from academia and industry, with involvements from industry forums,
and consortiums. Instead of host-to-host communication model, as in
the current Internet architecture, named-oriented networking shifts
communication towards a data-centric model that focuses on retrieving
named and secured data, instead of host-to-host connections. ICN
secures named data directly, giving it an advantage over current
Internet solutions that only secure the communication channels between
hosts, a mismatch for wireless and mobile networks. Furthermore, ICN’s
data-centricity (i.e., independence of specific attachment points in
the underlying networks) makes it a promising direction for 5G
networks which aim to utilizes multiple radios nodes with connectivity
across multiple radio technologies

Name-oriented networking offers a new mobility network paradigm to
meet mobile device characters and mobile data routing, processing,
storage, and retrieval. Thanks to its native design based on data
naming (request for data forwarded based on data’s names and data is
returned using the reverse path of the request), name-oriented
networking enables user and devices mobility across multiple radio
technologies and is a good candidate for mobile/wireless networks,
including 5G networks. In addition, ICN technology is promising in
offering a scalable networking layer for IoT applications, including
massive sensor devices that suffer from the lack of mobility
management in the IP architecture and the lack an efficient storage,
security, and sharing means.

=========================================================
IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline:     January 17, 2017 11:59pm EDT (extended)
Acceptance Notification: March 1, 2017
Workshop date:           May 1st, 2017
=========================================================

Sincerely,
  Jun Bi (Tsinghua University, China), Bertrand Mathieu (Orange,
  France), and Alex Afanasyev (UCLA, USA) INFOCOM 2017 NOM Workshop
  Workshop Co-Chairs