Subject: [icnrg] NFD version 0.5.1 release

From: Alex Afanasyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:49:30 -0500

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the release of version 0.5.1 of Named Data
Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD).

The detailed notes for the release: 
  https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.5.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Source code, instruction how to install NFD on Ubuntu Linux (14.04,
16.04, and 16.10) and macOS (10.10, 10.11, 10.12), tutorials, HOWTOs,
a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official NFD
website:
  https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.5.1/

Binary packages of Ubuntu Linux will be available soon in our main PPA
repository (https://launchpad.net/~named-data/+archive/ubuntu/ppa) and
are available in the dev-channel PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~named-data/+archive/ubuntu/ppa-dev)

**NEW** PPA binary packages now include support for arm64, armhf, and
ppc64el CPU architectures.

* * *

Other related updates:

- ndn-cxx library to version 0.5.1
  https://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.5.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

- NLSR to version 0.3.1
  https://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.3.1/RELEASE-NOTES.html

- NDN Essential Tools to version 0.4:
  https://github.com/named-data/ndn-tools

* * *

The NDN/NFD Team:
  Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, Ilya Moiseenko,
  Yingdi Yu, Wentao Shang, Yanbiao Li, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yi Huang, Jerald Paul
  Abraham, Steve DiBenedetto, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos, Davide Pesavento,
  Giulio Grassi, Giovanni Pau, Hang Zhang, Tian Song, Haowei Yuan, Hila Ben Abraham,
  Patrick Crowley, Syed Obaid Amin, Vince Lehman, Lan Wang, Eric Newberry, Yukai Tu,
  Muktadir Chowdhury, and others (https://named-data.net/project/participants/)