Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:44:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Design Considerations for Applying ICN to IoT
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Prof.Yanyong Zhang
                          Prof. Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Anders Lindgren
                          Prof. Dipankar Raychadhuri
                          Prof. Emmanuel Baccelli
                          Jeff Burke
                          Guoqiang Wang
                          Bengt Ahlgren
                          Olov Schelen
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-00.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2018-01-05

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to connect billions of objects
   to the Internet.  After deploying many stand-alone IoT systems in
   different domains, the current trend is to develop a common, "thin
   waist" of protocols over a horizontal unified, defragmented IoT
   architecture.  Such an architecture will make objects accessible to
   applications across organizations and domains.  Towards this goal,
   quite a few proposals have been made to build an application-layer
   based unified IoT platform on top of today's host-centric Internet.
   However, there is a fundamental mismatch between the host-centric
   nature of todays Internet and mostly information-centric nature of
   the IoT system.  To address this mismatch, an information-centric
   network (ICN) architecture can provide a common set of protocols and
   services, called 'ICN-IoT', which can be used to build IoT platforms.
   ICN-IoT leverages the salient features of ICN, and thus provides
   naming, security, mobility support,scalability, and efficient content
   and service delivery.

   This draft summarizes general IoT demands, and covers the challenges
   and design considerations ICN faces to realize a ICN-IoT framework
   based on ICN architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/