Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:46:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Design Considerations for Applying ICN to IoT
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Prof.Yanyong Zhang
                          Prof. Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Anders Lindgren
                          Prof. Dipankar Raychadhuri
                          Prof. Emmanuel Baccelli
                          Jeff Burke
                          Guoqiang Wang
                          Bengt Ahlgren
                          Olov Schelen
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2018-02-16

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to connect billions of objects
   to the Internet.  After deploying many stand-alone IoT systems in
   different domains, the current trend is to develop a common, "thin
   waist" of protocols to enable a horizontally unified IoT
   architecture.  The objective of such an architecture is to make
   resource objects securely accessible to applications across
   organizations and domains.  Towards this goal, quite a few proposals
   have been made to build an application-layer based unified IoT
   platform on top of today's host-centric Internet.  However, there is
   a fundamental mismatch between the host-centric nature of today's
   Internet and mostly information-centric nature of the IoT system.  To
   address this mismatch the common set of protocols and network
   services offered by an information-centric network (ICN) architecture
   can be leveraged to realize ICN-IoT architectures.  These ICN-IoT
   solutions leverages the salient features of ICN, and taking advantage
   of naming, security, mobility and efficient content and service
   delivery support.

   This draft summarizes general IoT demands, and covers the challenges
   and design to realize ICN-IoT frameworks based on ICN architecture.

   Beyond this, the goal of this draft is not to offer any specific ICN-
   IoT architectural proposals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ravi Ravindran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 02:03:37 +0000

Based on the feedback we received from MJM and Allessandro, we have tried to clarify the meaning of the term "unified architecture" in Introduction section of the draft, appropriate changes were also made in Section 3 on the usage of this term. Also the Abstract clarifies the overall scope of the draft, in that it doesn't propose any ICN-IoT architecture proposals. 

Regards,
Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: icnrg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 5:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icniot-01.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
icnrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg