Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 00:40:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : MAP-Me : Managing Anchorless  Mobility in Content Centric Networking
        Authors         : Jordan Auge
                          Giovanna Carofiglio
                          Luca Muscariello
                          Michele Papalini
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-03-18

Abstract:
   Mobility has become a basic premise of network communications,
   thereby requiring a native integration into 5G networks.  Despite
   numerous efforts to propose and standardize effective mobility-
   management models for IP, the result is a complex, poorly flexible
   set of mechanisms.  The natural support for mobility offered by ICN
   (Information Centric Networking) makes it a good candidate to define
   a radically new solution relieving limitations of the traditional
   approaches.  If consumer mobility is supported in ICN by design, in
   virtue of its connectionless pull-based communication model, producer
   mobility is still an open challenge.  In this document, we focus on
   two prominent ICN architectures, CCN (Content Centric Networking) and
   NDN (Named Data Networking) and describe MAP-Me, an anchor-less
   solution to manage micro-mobility of content producers via a name-
   based CCN/NDN data plane, with support for latency-sensitive
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/