Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 04:00:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)
        Authors         : Cenk Gundogan
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Christopher Scherb
                          Claudio Marxer
                          Christian Tschudin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   In this document, a convergence layer for CCNx and NDN over IEEE
   802.15.4 LoWPAN networks is defined.  A new frame format is specified
   to adapt CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU size of IEEE 802.15.4.
   For that, syntactic and semantic changes to the TLV-based header
   formats are described.  To support compatibility with other LoWPAN
   technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium, the dispatching
   scheme provided by 6LoWPAN is extended to include new dispatch types
   for CCNx and NDN.  Additionally, the link fragmentation component of
   the 6LoWPAN dispatching framework is applied to ICN chunks.  Basic
   improvements in efficiency are advised by stateless and stateful
   compression schemes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/