Subject: [icnrg] Post-Prague actions for ICNRG participants

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 17:12:32 -0400

Dear ICNRGers,

Thanks for a really productive pair of meetings at IETF 104 in Prague. 
Special thanks for folks who made the effort to work on their drafts and 
move things forward.

Now that everybody is back, of course you can chill out and not think 
about ICNRG until it gets close to meeting again in Montreal in July. No 
such luck! There are a bunch of things we went over in Prague that need 
serious attention from the RG. The chairs have enumerated these below; 
please try to make time to review and comment on these drafts and give 
the chairs advice on the best way to move our current work plan forward.

When doing reviews and/or responding to this message, please do a 
separate message/thread for each of the drafts we want you to review and 
comment on, and/or weigh in on advice for next steps.

Here goes:

**CCNInfo**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-ccninfo/
Needs ICNRG review and comment - more eyes on it please!

**Ping & Traceroute**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icnping/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icntraceroute/
These need to be reviewed in the context of overlap and complementarity 
with CCNInfo. They are relatively mature at this point so what is the 
ICNRG view on RG adoption?

**FLIC draft**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-flic/
This draft has expired, but it is really important for us as Manifests 
are a major part of evolving the ICN architecture.
The Chairs want to strongly encourage some ICNRG folks to pick this up 
and finish it. It doesn’t need a lot of work to complete, at least for 
a version 1 specification.

**ICN LowPAN**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/
Updates were presented in Prague. The authors and chairs think this is 
getting close to being ready for RG last call. Please review and weigh 
in on whether we should last call this document.

**NRS Documents**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/
Updates were presented in Prague. These are quite mature at this point 
and the chairs think they are ready for RG Last Call if the ICNRG 
participants think they should be moved forward. Please let us know your 
views on this.

**ICN QoS using Disaggregated Names**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn/
This was presented (remotely) in Prague. Please review and comment as 
QoS treatments are a fundamental part of any QoS design for ICN.

**Quality of Service for ICN in the IoT**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos/
This is a new draft, presented in Prague. Please review and comment.

**Flow Classification in Information Centric Networking**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moiseenko-icnrg-flowclass/
Presented again in Prague. This had some review a while back, but needs 
more. Please indicate if you think this is appropriate for adoption now 
as an RG draft.

**Enabling ICN in 3GPP's 5G NextGen Core Architecture**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn/
Presented in Prague. Needs review and comment, especially as a potential 
companion to the already-adopted 4G-LTE work.

Your ever-vigilant chairs.