Subject: [icnrg] BOFs at IETF-105

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:24:53 +0200

Hello ICNRG,

There will be a few BOFs at IETF-105 that could be of interest to this 
group:

Media Operations (MOPS):
Many of those involved in the delivery of streaming Internet video have 
been gathering regularly during unofficial side meetings and on the 
Glass-to-Glass Ecosystem (GGIE) mailing list to discuss operational and 
interoperability issues related to video. The MOPS BOF will solicit 
input on operational issues and practices as well as existing and 
proposed technologies related to the deployment, engineering, and 
operation of media streaming and manipulation protocols and procedures 
on the Internet. The BOF’s scope is media and media protocols’ 
interactions with the network, but not the technologies of control 
protocols or media formats. This will be a working-group-forming BOF.

Lightweight Authenticated Key Exchange (LAKE):
In the space of constrained networking (“Internet of Things”), those 
using Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE) in 
network environments such as NB-IoT, 6TiSCH, and LoRaWAN are looking for 
a "lightweight" authenticated key exchange (LAKE) that enables forward 
secrecy. "Lightweight" refers to both resource consumption and the 
amount of new code required on end systems that already support OSCORE. 
After extensive discussion in the SECDISPATCH working group, this BOF 
will seek to determine if there is interest in forming a tightly focused 
working group to standardize a LAKE. The mailing list is [email-masked].

Local Optimizations on Path Segments (LOOPS):
This work is focused on enabling optimizations within segments of an 
end-to-end path. Typically, these segments are located between overlay 
nodes (tunnel endpoints), which allows a local optimization protocol to 
run between these nodes. The LOOPS work is motivated by (1) increasing 
deployment of encryption, which is affecting the functioning of 
traditional Performance Enhancing Proxies (PEPs) that leverage transport 
and application-layer information, and (2) increased processing power 
available within the network. This will be a non-working-group-forming 
BOF. The mailing list is [email-masked].

Here is the complete list: https://www.ietf.org/blog/ietf105-bofs/

Best regards,
Dirk