Subject: [icnrg] Pre-Montreal actions for ICNRG participants

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 11:38:44 -0400

Dear ICNRGers,

It’s getting close to meeting again in Montreal in July. There are a 
bunch of things we went over in Prague that need serious attention from 
the RG. The chairs have enumerated these below; please try to make time 
to review and comment on these drafts and give the chairs advice on the 
best way to move our current work plan forward.

When doing reviews and/or responding to this message, please do a 
separate message/thread for each of the drafts we want you to review and 
comment on, and/or weigh in on advice for next steps.

Here goes:

**CCNInfo**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-ccninfo/
Needs ICNRG review and comment - more eyes on it please!

**Ping & Traceroute**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icnping/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icntraceroute/
These need to be reviewed in the context of overlap and complementarity 
with CCNInfo. They are relatively mature at this point so what is the 
ICNRG view on RG adoption?

**FLIC draft**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-flic/
This draft has expired, but it is really important for us as Manifests 
are a major part of evolving the ICN architecture.
The Chairs want to strongly encourage some ICNRG folks to pick this up 
and finish it. It doesn’t need a lot of work to complete, at least for 
a version 1 specification.

**ICN LowPAN**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/
Updates were presented in Prague. The authors and chairs think this is 
getting close to being ready for RG last call. Please review and weigh 
in on whether we should last call this document.

**NRS Documents**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/
Updates were presented in Prague. These are quite mature at this point 
and the chairs think they are ready for RG Last Call if the ICNRG 
participants think they should be moved forward. Please let us know your 
views on this.

**ICN QoS using Disaggregated Names**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn/
This was presented (remotely) in Prague. Please review and comment as 
QoS treatments are a fundamental part of any QoS design for ICN.

**Quality of Service for ICN in the IoT**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos/
This is a new draft, presented in Prague. Please review and comment.

**Flow Classification in Information Centric Networking**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moiseenko-icnrg-flowclass/
Presented again in Prague. This had some review a while back, but needs 
more. Please indicate if you think this is appropriate for adoption now 
as an RG draft.

**Enabling ICN in 3GPP's 5G NextGen Core Architecture**
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn/
Presented in Prague. Needs review and comment, especially as a potential 
companion to the already-adopted 4G-LTE work.

Your ever-vigilant chairs.

---

From: "Mosko, Marc <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 17:39:07 +0000

I had spoken with Christian some (long) time ago about helping with FLIC, but it got lost in trying to finish up the ccnx specs.  Now that those are done, I can give some time to FLIC.

Marc

________________________________________
From: icnrg <[email-masked]> on behalf of David R. Oran <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 8:38 AM
To: ICNRG
Subject: [icnrg] Pre-Montreal actions for ICNRG participants

Dear ICNRGers,

It’s getting close to meeting again in Montreal in July. There are a bunch of things we went over in Prague that need serious attention from the RG. The chairs have enumerated these below; please try to make time to review and comment on these drafts and give the chairs advice on the best way to move our current work plan forward.

When doing reviews and/or responding to this message, please do a separate message/thread for each of the drafts we want you to review and comment on, and/or weigh in on advice for next steps.

Here goes:

CCNInfo

Ping & Traceroute
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icnping/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icntraceroute/
These need to be reviewed in the context of overlap and complementarity with CCNInfo. They are relatively mature at this point so what is the ICNRG view on RG adoption?

FLIC draft
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-flic/
This draft has expired, but it is really important for us as Manifests are a major part of evolving the ICN architecture.
The Chairs want to strongly encourage some ICNRG folks to pick this up and finish it. It doesn’t need a lot of work to complete, at least for a version 1 specification.

ICN LowPAN
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/
Updates were presented in Prague. The authors and chairs think this is getting close to being ready for RG last call. Please review and weigh in on whether we should last call this document.

NRS Documents
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/
Updates were presented in Prague. These are quite mature at this point and the chairs think they are ready for RG Last Call if the ICNRG participants think they should be moved forward. Please let us know your views on this.

ICN QoS using Disaggregated Names
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn/
This was presented (remotely) in Prague. Please review and comment as QoS treatments are a fundamental part of any QoS design for ICN.

Quality of Service for ICN in the IoT
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos/
This is a new draft, presented in Prague. Please review and comment.

Flow Classification in Information Centric Networking
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moiseenko-icnrg-flowclass/
Presented again in Prague. This had some review a while back, but needs more. Please indicate if you think this is appropriate for adoption now as an RG draft.

Enabling ICN in 3GPP's 5G NextGen Core Architecture
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn/
Presented in Prague. Needs review and comment, especially as a potential companion to the already-adopted 4G-LTE work.

---

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 13:46:38 -0400

Thanks! That would be great.

On 7 Jun 2019, at 13:39, Mosko, Marc wrote:

> I had spoken with Christian some (long) time ago about helping with 
> FLIC, but it got lost in trying to finish up the ccnx specs.  Now that 
> those are done, I can give some time to FLIC.
>
> Marc
>
> bunch of things we went over in Prague that need serious attention 
> from the RG. The chairs have enumerated these below; please try to 
> make time to review and comment on these drafts and give the chairs 
> advice on the best way to move our current work plan forward.
>
> separate message/thread for each of the drafts we want you to review 
> and comment on, and/or weigh in on advice for next steps.
>
> Here goes:
>
> CCNInfo
> These need to be reviewed in the context of overlap and 
> complementarity with CCNInfo. They are relatively mature at this point 
> so what is the ICNRG view on RG adoption?
>
> FLIC draft
> and finish it. It doesn’t need a lot of work to complete, at least 
> for a version 1 specification.
>
> ICN LowPAN
> participants think they should be moved forward. Please let us know 
> your views on this.
>
> Presented again in Prague. This had some review a while back, but 
> needs more. Please indicate if you think this is appropriate for 
> adoption now as an RG draft.
>
> Presented in Prague. Needs review and comment, especially as a 
> potential companion to the already-adopted 4G-LTE work.
>

DaveO

---

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:22:46 +0900

Hi Dave and folks,

Thank you for your remark.

> Needs ICNRG review and comment - more eyes on it please!

We'll update this draft with your previous comments before the deadline for the upcoming meeting.
But if you folks have other comments, it's also good to tell us before the deadline.

BTW, I'm sorry but I won't be able to join the Sunday meeting so that I may want to ask a presentation slot for this draft in the regular meeting.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Hitoshi

> On Jun 8, 2019, at 0:38, David R. Oran <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear ICNRGers,
> 
> <Mail Attachment.txt>_______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg