Subject: [icnrg] SIGCOMM 2019: Call for industry demos

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:18:14 +0200

Hi folks,

Ming and I are responsible for the industry demos at SIGCOMM this
year.  A great opportunity to showcase your latest ICN gear.

Jörg

We invite you to submit an cool demo of your latest cutting edge
developments to the SIGCOMM 2019 industry demo session.

ACM SIGCOMM 2019 Industrial Demos

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2019/cf-industrial-demos.html

The 2019 SIGCOMM industrial demo session will continue the highly
successful tradition of previous SIGCOMM industrial demo sessions since
2015. The session showcases demos from industry in the areas of
networking and cloud, networked systems, as well as new forms of network
intelligence and networked applications. The objective of this session
is to bring together industry and academia around demos of innovative
and cutting-edge technology and products.

Why Present Industrial Demos at SIGCOMM?

SIGCOMM is the flagship annual conference of the ACM Special Interest
Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM) on the applications, technologies,
architectures, and protocols for computer communication. The conference
is single-track and features a high-quality technical program with
significant opportunities for technical and social interactions. SIGCOMM
is the premier conference in its field and typically attracts over 600
attendees (scientists, engineers, educators, and students).

An industrial demo is an opportunity for companies to show industrial
leadership and innovative thinking. Presenting cutting edge industrial
technology will attract top academics to work on problems that are
relevant to industry and help push forward the frontier of industrial
knowledge. The industrial demo session is also a great recruiting
opportunity. SIGCOMM attracts students from the most selective top-class
universities around the world.

What to Submit?

Please submit a small description of your demo (up to two pages)
together with the names and affiliation of the demo presenters. Please
also specify the Demo requirements, including space, power and network
requirements, etc. The Industrial Demo Chairs are responsible for the
selection of industrial demo program in conjunction with SIGCOMM
industrial liaison board. Demos coming at least partly from industry can
be submitted also to the general SIGCOMM demo session. The industrial
demo session puts more focus on products and upcoming technologies
towards which an industry player is already committed (e.g., technology
on roadmap), while research projects from industry that are more
experimental are better suited for the general SIGCOMM Demo session.
Feel free to contact the Industrial Demo Chairs (by clicking on the
button below) or the regular demo chairs if you have any questions.

When and Where to Submit

Submission Site: https://sigcomm2019-industry-demos.hotcrp.com/

Important Dates

Submission deadline:                   June 17, 2019
Notification of acceptance:            July 1, 2019
Final pdf version for program website: July 15, 2019

What to Expect?

Accepted demos will be scheduled in a two-hour session at the
conference, during which the demo will need to be manned. Demos can stay
up during the entire day each day, so it is possible to show them to
participants during breaks as well. Demos that utilize wireless networks
must be prepared to arrange appropriate spectrum sharing with other such
demos at the venue. Demos that require large amounts of Internet uplink
capacity are unlikely to find that available at the venue.

On registration: One presenter of accepted industrial demos will be
required to register for the conference at regular registration rate (or
use complimentary registrations if they are becoming conference
sponsors). The rest of the presenters could register as exhibitors and
recruiters. For specific rates, please see the registration page. The
technical people of the sponsoring companies who present industrial
demos and also intend to attend the regular conference sessions will
need to pay the regular registration fees (or utilize the complimentary
registrations that come with the sponsorship package).

We are looking forward to welcoming you at SIGCOMM 2019!

Jörg Ott, Technische Universität München
Ming Zhang, Alibaba Group

Industrial Demo Chairs