Subject: [icnrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 00:31:54 -0400

Hej Folks,

we've submitted a new version of the ICN LoWPAN draft that will be 
presented tomorrow. This version mainly addresses the comments of 
Junxiao Shi and contains a couple of editorial improvements.

Feedback and reviews are solicited!

Cheers,
  Thomas

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:28:37 +0000
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>, Schmidt, Thomas 
<[email-masked]>, Gündogan, Cenk 
<[email-masked]>, Christopher Scherb 
<[email-masked]>, Schmidt, Thomas 
<[email-masked]>, Christian Tschudin 
<[email-masked]>, Claudio Marxer <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Thomas C. Schmidt and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan
Revision:	04
Title:		ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)
Document date:	2019-07-22
Group:		icnrg
Pages:		43
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04

Abstract:
    This document defines a convergence layer for CCNx and NDN over IEEE
    802.15.4 LoWPAN networks.  A new frame format is specified to adapt
    CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU size of IEEE 802.15.4.  For
    that, syntactic and semantic changes to the TLV-based header formats
    are described.  To support compatibility with other LoWPAN
    technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium, the dispatching
    scheme provided by 6LoWPAN is extended to include new dispatch types
    for CCNx and NDN.  Additionally, the link fragmentation component of
    the 6LoWPAN dispatching framework is applied to ICN chunks.  In its
    second part, the document defines stateless and stateful compression
    schemes to improve efficiency on constrained links.  Stateless
    compression reduces TLV expressions to static header fields for
    common use cases.  Stateful compression schemes elide state local to
    the LoWPAN and replace names in data packets by short local
    identifiers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat