Subject: [icnrg] CFP "Special issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking" - Elsevier Computer Communications (COMCOM)

From: Marica Amadeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 13:12:48 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share the CFP of the following Special Issue, which can be
of interest for the ICN research community.

******************************************************************************************

*Special issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking*

*Aim and scope:*

Mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) are a breed of Self-Organized
Networks (SONs).
In addition to the inter-node communication, they assume that nodes are
connected to other smart objects equipped with powerful
multi-sensor platforms, multiple communication technologies, computation
units, and IP-based connectivity to the Internet, thereby creating a
network called Mobile Internet of Things (MIoT).

MIoT applications are also based on cooperation-aware and context-aware
communications, where information is exchanged among communicating nodes.
This phenomenon advocates for a content-centric communication paradigm,
where the focus is on the information itself rather than the source and/or
location of information.
As a result, owing to the Future Internet Architecture (FIA) program,
Content-Centric Networking (CCN) and Named Data Networking (NDN) have been
recently considered to be the architectural
backbones for SONs and their breeds.

This Special Issue is soliciting original technical papers addressing
the main research challenges in the Mobile Internet of Things and
its applications over ICN Future Internet Architectures.

*Topics:*

   - ICN-based Wireless Networking and Internet of Things
   - Mobile Named Data Networking
   - Vehicular, Flying, and Underwater Named Data Networking
   - Mobile networks communication architectures and algorithms over ICN
   - Security, privacy, and trust in Mobile Networks over ICN
   - ICN-Enabled 5G-IoT
   - ICN for delay tolerant and opportunistic networks
   - Cross-layer protocol design
   - Multimedia communications in Mobile Networks over ICN
   - Performance, scalability, reliability and efficiency of Mobile
Networks communications over ICN
   - Caching and Forwarding Issues in Mobile Information Centric Networks
   - Testbeds and validation.

*Submission instructions:*

Elsevier Computer Communications submission system is open for submissions
to our Special Issue from 01 04 2019.
When submitting your manuscript please select the article type “VSI: Mobile
ICN”.
Please submit your manuscript before 01 10 2019.

All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be
reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
Once your manuscript is accepted, it will go into production, and will be
simultaneously published in the current regular issue and pulled into the
online Special Issue.
Articles from this Special Issue will appear in different regular issues of
the journal, though they will be clearly marked and branded as Special
Issue articles.

Please see an example here:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/science-of-the-total-environment/
special-issue/10SWS2W7VVV

Please ensure you read the Guide for Authors before writing your
manuscript. The Guide for Authors and link to submit your manuscript is
available on the Journal’s homepage at:
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/computer-communications/0140-3664/guide-for-authors

*Timeline:*

·         Submission deadline: October 01, 2019
·         First round notification: December 15, 2019
·         Second round due: February 15, 2020
·         Final notification: March 15, 2020

*Guest Editors*

·         *Carlos T. Calafate*

Department of Computer Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de València,
Camino de Vera, S/N, 46022 València, Spain.
[email-masked]

·         *Chaker Abdelaziz Kerrache*

Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ghardaïa,
Ghardaïa Algeria.

[email-masked]

·         *Marica Amadeo*

Department of ICT Infrastructures, and Sustainable Energy, University
Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Calabria, Italy.

[email-masked]

·         *Yusheng Ji*

Information Systems Architecture Science Research Division, National
Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan

[email-masked]

·         *Syed Hassan Ahmed*

Department of Computer Science, Georgia Southern University, USA.

[email-masked] <[email-masked]

-- 
Dr. Marica Amadeo
University "Mediterranea" of Reggio Calabria
DIIES Department, ARTS Lab
Via Graziella Feo di Vito I - 89100 Reggio Calabria (RC), Italy
------------------------------

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]