Subject: [icnrg] ACM ICN: Early bird registration extended

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 16:10:43 -0700 (Pacific Sommerzeit)

**
Due to multiple requests the deadline of early registration has been 
extended to September 13, 2019. Check 
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2019/registration.php
**

Futher updates include details about the keynote, panels, and sessions.

               CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking 2019
  Macau, SAR China, September 24-26, 2019
  https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2019/

The organizing committee is delighted to invite you to the 6th ACM 
conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), to be held in Macao, 
SAR China from September 24-26, 2019.  ACM ICN 2019 is focusing on 
significant research contributions to ICN as broadly defined, and 
featuring paper presentations, posters, and demonstrations.

**Change of Venue**

In contrast to previous announcements, ICN '19 is moved to Macau 
University in Macau due to the continuing concerns regarding events in 
Hong Kong.

**Keynote**

The keynote will be given by Dave Clark: "ICNs, Internets, and the 
future of Networking".

**Program**

15 papers presented in single-track sessions:

Session: Applications

* Secure Scuttlebutt: An Information-Centric Protocol for Subjective and Decentralised Community Applications
* InterServer Game State Synchronisation using Named Data Networking
* Decentralised and Secure Multimedia Sharing Application over Named Data Networking

Session: Architectures and Infrastructure (1h 30m)

* Enabling ICN in the Internet Protocol: Analysis and Evaluation of the Hybrid-ICN Architecture
* Compute First Networking: Distributed Computing meets ICN
* Towards Peer-to-Peer Content Retrieval Markets: Enhancing IPFS with ICN

Session: Name Spaces

* NDN-CNL: A Hierarchical Namespace API for Named Data Networking
* The Missing Piece: On Namespace Management in NDN and How DNSSEC Might Help
* Space Analysis: Verification of Named Data Network Data Planes

Session: Caching

* On the power of in-network caching in the Hadoop Distributed File System
* Easy as ABC: A Lightweight Centrality-Based Caching Strategy for Information-Centric IoT

Session: Protocol enhancements

* Learned Building a Secure, Network Measurement Framework using Basic NDN
* NDN-ABS: Attribute-Based Signature Scheme for Named Data Networking
* Mesh under the Microscope: How much ICN is Inside?
* More for Less: The Surprising Benefits of QoS Management in Constrained NDN Networks

2 panels: "Industry Applications of ICN" Panel about "The Values of 
Decentralization".

12 posters and demos about emerging topics.

4 half-day tutorials on
  * Service-based Routing at the Edge
  * TouchNDN: Visual Programming of Data-centric Video
  * Building IoT Systems over Named Data Networking
  * The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS)

Note that participating in the tutorials is covered by the conference 
fees.

More details: https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2019/program.php

** Registration**

https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2019/registration.php

**Side Events*

Travel once and enjoy multiple events in addition to ACM ICN:

  * September 23: Hands-on workshop that explores how Future Internet
  will impact dynamic media artworks and multimedia systems. Creating
  Distributed Media Experiences with TouchDesigner and NDN.

  * September 27: Interim meeting of the IRTF ICN Research Group.