Subject: [icnrg] Special Issue Elsevier COMCOM [IF: 3.031] Deadline Approaching: Special issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking

From: chaker abdelaziz kerrache <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:37:29 +0200

*Special issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking*

*Aim and scope:*

Mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) are a breed of Self-Organized Networks
(SONs). In addition to the inter-node communication, it assumes that nodes
are connected to other smart objects equipped with a powerful multi-sensor
platform, communication technologies, computation units, and IP-based
connectivity to the Internet, thereby creating a network called Mobile
Internet of Things (MIoT).

MIoT applications are also based on cooperation-aware communication where
information is exchanged among communicating nodes. This phenomenon
advocates for a content-centric communication paradigm for MIoT
applications where the focus is on information itself rather than the
source and/or location of information. As a result, owing to the Future
Internet Architecture (FIA), content-centric networking (CCN) and named
data networking (NDN) have recently been considered to be the architectural
backbones for SONs and its breeds.

This Special Issue is soliciting original technical papers addressing the
main research challenges in the Mobile Internet of Things and its
applications over Future Internet Architectures.

*Topics:*

   - ICN-based Wireless Networking and Internet of Things
   - Mobile Named Data Networking
   - Vehicular, Flying, and Underwater Named Data Networking
   - Mobile networks communication architectures and algorithms over ICN.
   - Security, privacy, and trust in Mobile Networks over ICN.
   - ICN-Enabled 5G-IoT.
   - ICN for delay tolerant and opportunistic networks.
   - Cross-layer protocol design
   - Multimedia communications in Mobile Networks over ICN.
   - Performance, scalability, reliability and efficiency of Mobile
   Networks communications over ICN.
   - Caching and Forwarding Issues in Mobile Information Centric Networks.
   - Testbeds and validation.

*Submission instructions:*

Elsevier Computer Communications submission system will be open for
submissions to our Special Issue from 01 04 2019. When submitting your
manuscript please select the article type “VSI: Mobile ICN”. Please submit
your manuscript before 01 10 2019.

All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be reviewed
by at least two independent reviewers. Once your manuscript is accepted, it
will go into production, and will be simultaneously published in the
current regular issue and pulled into the online Special Issue. Articles
from this Special Issue will appear in different regular issues of the
journal, though they will be clearly marked and branded as Special Issue
articles.

Please see an example here:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/science-of-the-total-environment/special-issue/10SWS2W7VVV

Please ensure you read the Guide for Authors before writing your
manuscript. The Guide for Authors and link to submit your manuscript is
available on the Journal’s homepage at:
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/computer-communications/0140-3664/guide-for-authors

*Timeline:*

·         Submission deadline: October 01, 2019

·         First round notification: December 15, 2019

·         Second round due: February 15, 2020

·         Final notification: March 15, 2020

*Guest Editors*

·         *Carlos T. Calafate*

Department of Computer Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de València,
Camino de Vera, S/N, 46022 València, Spain.

[email-masked]

·         *Chaker Abdelaziz Kerrache*

Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ghardaïa,
Ghardaïa Algeria.

[email-masked]

·         *Marica Amadeo*

Department of ICT Infrastructures, and Sustainable Energy, University
Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Calabria, Italy.

[email-masked]

·         *Yusheng Ji*

Information Systems Architecture Science Research Division, National
Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan

[email-masked]

·         *Syed Hassan Ahmed*

Department of Computer Science, Georgia Southern University, USA.

[email-masked] <[email-masked]%20>