Subject: [icnrg] CFP [Deadline in 5 Days]: 1st ACM CoNEXT Workshop on Emerging in-Network Computing Paradigms (ENCP’19)

From: Hila Ben Abraham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 15:32:34 -0500

(Apologies if you have received multiple copies of this email)

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider contributing to the 1st ACM CoNEXT Workshop on Emerging
in-Network Computing Paradigms (ENCP’19) to be held on 9 December 2019;
Orlando, FL, USA.
Workshop links: http://www.cs.umsl.edu/~encp19/ ,
https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2019/#!/workshop-encp

Scope and Topic List

The integration of computing and networking is considered a promising
direction to fulfill the strict low latency and high data exchange
requirements of a number of new and innovative application use-cases (e.g.,
augmented/virtual reality, autonomous driving, drone coverage).
Context-aware networking can help maximize the compute utilization at the
edge increasing the network capacity.  For instance, network functions may
enable intelligent distribution of tasks to resources, the reuse of results
from previously executed tasks, adaptability to the dynamic nature of edge
ecosystems (e.g., network dynamics, bursty rates of tasks, dynamic resource
availability).
The ENCP workshop has the integration of networking and computing as the
central theme with a focus on mechanisms for the joint optimization of
networking and computing resources, infrastructure virtualization,
in-network caching, compute reuse, and security and privacy concerns.

The ENCP workshop has the goal of serving as a venue, where minds from the
Distributed Computing, Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Network
Function Virtualization (NFV), Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Edge
Computing communities meet to advance the state-of-the-art in the area of
systems for In-Network Computing. The workshop welcomes submissions from
researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, who explore
challenges and advances in architectures, algorithms, protocols,
middleware, and technologies in the current or the future clean-slate
Internet. We also encourage work-in-progress and position papers that
describe original ideas, present new directions, or have the potential to
stimulate insightful discussions. ENCP invites submissions of unpublished
work on the following topics (but not limited to):

        • Architectures of in-network computing
        • In-network caching solutions
        • Virtualization for in-network computing systems
        • Network Function Virtualization (NFV) for in-network computing
        • Security, privacy, trust management, and access control in
in-network computing architectures
        • Information-Centric Networking (ICN) for in-network computing
        • Software-Defined Networking for in-network computing
        • In-network computing for challenged networks (e.g., disaster
scenarios)
        • Deployment and interoperability with traditional network
architectures/functions
        • Network slicing for in-network computing systems
        • Internet of Things (IoT) for in-network computing
        • Pricing and billing in in-network computing systems
        • Highly available in-network computing systems
        • Management of in-network computing systems
        • In-network computing in the era of 5G
        • Scalability, performance advancements, and fault-tolerance
        • Tools for troubleshooting, monitoring, and validation of
in-network computing systems and architectures
        • Innovative applications that in-network computing enables
        • In-network computing in public and private clouds, as well as
edge computing paradigms
        • Resource allocation, modeling, and analysis
        • Applications of machine learning to in-network computing
        • Microservice architectures
        • Distributed consensus algorithms
        • Data processing frameworks

Important dates

Paper registration deadline: September 9, 2019
Paper submission deadline: September 16, 2019
Acceptance notification: October 4, 2019
Camera-ready deadline: October 13, 2019
Workshop date: December 9, 2019

Submission details
The workshop solicits papers written in the standard (2-column, 10pt ACM
format). All the submissions will be double-blind and will be
peer-reviewed. Per the anonymity guide, authors must remove their own names
and any other information that may identify themselves to the reviewers.
Submissions should be no more than 6 pages (including references, appendix,
and all figures). The submission links will be announced shortly.

—

Best Regards,
Abderrahmen Mtibaa, Spyridon Mastorakis, and Dirk Kutscher
ENCP'19 General Chairs