Subject: [icnrg] "Special Issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking" - Elsevier Computer Communications (Extended Deadline - Nov. 1)

From: chaker abdelaziz kerrache <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 11:12:47 +0200

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP

*Special issue on Mobile Information Centric Networking*

*Aim and scope:*

Mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) are a breed of Self-Organized Networks
(SONs).
In addition to the inter-node communication, they assume that nodes
are connected to other smart objects equipped with powerful
multi-sensor platforms, multiple communication technologies,
computation units, and IP-based connectivity to the Internet, thereby
creating a network called Mobile Internet of Things (MIoT).
MIoT applications are also based on cooperation-aware and
context-aware communications, where information is exchanged among
communicating nodes.
This phenomenon advocates for a content-centric communication
paradigm, where the focus is on the information itself rather than the
source and/or location of information.
As a result, owing to the Future Internet Architecture (FIA) program,
Content-Centric Networking (CCN) and Named Data Networking (NDN) have
been recently considered to be the architectural
backbones for SONs and their breeds.

This Special Issue is soliciting original technical papers addressing
the main research challenges in the Mobile Internet of Things and its
applications over ICN Future Internet Architectures.

*Topics:*

   - ICN-based Wireless Networking and Internet of Things
   - Mobile Named Data Networking
   - Vehicular, Flying, and Underwater Named Data Networking
   - Mobile networks communication architectures and algorithms over ICN
   - Security, privacy, and trust in Mobile Networks over ICN
   - ICN-Enabled 5G-IoT
   - ICN for delay tolerant and opportunistic networks
   - Cross-layer protocol design
   - Multimedia communications in Mobile Networks over ICN
   - Performance, scalability, reliability and efficiency of Mobile
Networks communications over ICN
   - Caching and Forwarding Issues in Mobile Information Centric Networks
   - Testbeds and validation

*Submission instructions:*

When submitting your manuscript please select the article type “VSI:
Mobile ICN”.
Please submit your manuscript before 01 11 2019.

All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be
reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
Once your manuscript is accepted, it will go into production, and will
be simultaneously published in the current regular issue and pulled
into the online Special Issue.
Articles from this Special Issue will appear in different regular
issues of the journal, though they will be clearly marked and branded
as Special Issue articles.

Please see an example here:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/science-of-the-total-environment/special-issue/10SWS2W7VVV

Please ensure you read the Guide for Authors before writing your manuscript.
The Guide for Authors and link to submit your manuscript is available
on the Journal’s homepage at:
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/computer-communications/0140-3664/guide-for-authors

*Timeline:*

·         Submission deadline: November 01, 2019
·         First round notification: January 15, 2020
·         Second round due: March 15, 2020
·         Final notification: April 15, 2020

*Guest Editors*

·         *Carlos T. Calafate*

Department of Computer Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de València,
Camino de Vera, S/N, 46022 València, Spain.
[email-masked]

·         *Chaker Abdelaziz Kerrache*

Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ghardaïa,
Ghardaïa Algeria.

[email-masked]

·         *Marica Amadeo*

Department of ICT Infrastructures, and Sustainable Energy, University
Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Calabria, Italy.

[email-masked]

·         *Yusheng Ji*

Information Systems Architecture Science Research Division, National
Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan

[email-masked]

·         *Syed Hassan Ahmed*

Department of Computer Science, Georgia Southern University, USA.

[email-masked]