Subject: [icnrg] Draft Minutes of ICNRG @ IETF 106

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:32:07 +0800

Corrections/comments to the chairs. We will post these by end of IETF on 
Friday. Many thanks to Marie-Jose for her once-again great efforts as 
note taker.

ICNRG Chairs
—————————

ICNRG meeting
Monday November 18 - 10-12pm
IETF 106 - Singapore 🇸🇬
Olivia Room Raffles Convention Centre

Chairs Intro: Agenda Bashing, Minutes taker, Bluesheets, (15 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-chairs-presentation-01
	
	Review of the new Note Well for IRTF

Report from interim meeting in Macau  Post ICN2019 (September) @ U. 
Macau (see interim meeting in the wiki for the slides)
	- Touching the Future Internet - City U. Hong Kong - School of Creative 
Media
		NDN to request and fetch video content selectively.
		Uses Derivative’s Touch video platform.
	- ICN LowPan
	- QoS for ICN in the IoT
	- LPWAN Compared to LowPAN
	- ICN over LoRa
		Intelligent water meter
		RIOT integration
		ICN and LoRa for IETF 107 0 interest? Contact Dirk Kutscher.
	- Push it - update 2

ICNRG Drafts - Status overview
		
Presentation/Discussion on Flow Balance draft - Dave Oran (15 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-flowbalance/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-flow-balance-dave-oran-00
	Different issues described per QoS potential mechanisms and impact (see 
draft).
	Comment: goal is to get people to read the draft (not a lot of people 
did at this point).
	
Updated File-Like ICN Collection (FLIC) draft - Dave Oran (10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-flic/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-flic-update-dave-oran-00
	Manifest draft revisited after discussions in Montreal.
	Deltas to the original draft presented.
	Python implantation available.
	Not ready for last call.
	Security section needed.
	Important topic to be considered - ICN/CCN community should implement 
this.
	Goal is to publish this year.
	Thanks to Marc Mosko.
	
NRS documents: Updates - Jungha Hong (10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-nrs-update-00
	Name resolution work at ETRI.
	2 documents in RG last call; Design Guideline may require a second last 
call but not the Architecture one.
	Summary of the comments to the documents.
	Q (Thomas Schmidt): enforcement of the name administration
	A: we are not looking at namespace
	Q: look at DNS cannot change names
	A: NRS is similar to DNS but different enough - will reply by email
	Q (Stew Card): Security is ACL-like; name resolution capability based 
access control would be better. Did you consider it.
	A: We will consider.

New draft: Path Steering in CCNx and NDN - Dave Oran (10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-pathsteering/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-path-steering-dave-oran-00
	Based on a paper in ICN2017:
	Moiseenko, I. and D. Oran, "Path Switching in Content Centric and Named 
Data Networks,
	in 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2017)",
	DOI 10.1145/3125719.3125721, September 2017,
	https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2017/proceedings/icn17-2.pdf
	Not an alternative to CCNinfo - a new mechanism/bags of tricks.
	Comments on the list are requested.

New draft: TimeTLV - Thomas Schmidt (10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-timetlv-thomas-schmidt-00
	New draft but not new topics; related to discussions on LowPAN.
	Timers take a lot of energy; look at compressing them.
	See https://github.com/icnrg for tracking progress.
	Important to review.

Update: ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN) - Thomas Schmidt 
(10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-icnlowpan-thomas-schmidt-00
	Update on the draft.
	Comment (Dave O.):  Seems poster child for manifest meta data (slide 
3).
	Need to balance need for the manifest meta data and disturbing the 
draft.
	Good time to last call this draft - look for it on the draft.

Update: Internet Protocol Tunneling over Content Centric Mobile Networks 
- Greg White (10 min)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-ipoc-update-00
	Update on the draft.
	Comment (Thomas Schmidt): Help on IPV6.
	Comment (Dirk Kutscher): change CCN to CCNx.
	Q (Vera Li): Performance relative to overlay and underlay
	A (Greg): CCN over 5G discussed with native and non native 
implementations.

New draft: Internet Services over ICN in 5G LAN Environments - Chonggang 
Wang (10 min)
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trossen-icnrg-internet-icn-5glan-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-icn-5g-lan-chonggang-wang-00

	Q (Dave O.): Reuning HHTP on top on ICN - what spec defines the 
mapping?
	A:  APIs from ICN to the higher layer.
	Comment (Dave O.): This seems to take twice the packets.

Update: Hop-by-Hop Authentication in Content-Centric Networking / Named 
Data Networking  - Riuidong Li (10 min)
https://cefore.net/draft-li-icnrg-hopauth-01.txt
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-icnrg-update-on-hop-by-hop-authentication-00

Presentation of results from Hackathon in Singapore (5 min)

	CeFore Implementation:
  https://github.com/IETF-Hackathon/ietf106-project-presentations/blob/master/hackathon-presentation-cefore-ietf106.pdf

	QoS Discussion:
https://etherpad.ietf.org/p/notes-ietf-106-icnrg-hackathon?useMonospaceFont=true
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/slides-106-icnrg-informal-qos-discussion-sunday-am/

	Interest for a Thursday morning discussion in the “open time” slot.

Chairs Wrapup: (5 min)
Planning for next ICNRG meetings
Possible future Hackathon topics?
Interim or Hackathon at IETF 107 Vancouver?

	Need discussion on hackaton especially since people want to organize 
something.

++++ end

mjm

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
Research Affiliate, MIT Media Laboratory
[email-masked]
[email-masked]