Subject: [icnrg] Last Call: draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:42:49 +0100

Hello ICNRG,

This is a last call for comments on draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan (ICN 
Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)).

We want to publish this as an Experimental RFC. Please read it and let 
us know if you think there are issues. The last call ends on February 
7th, i.e., 2.5 weeks from today.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/

Abstract
    This document defines a convergence layer for CCNx and NDN over IEEE
    802.15.4 LoWPAN networks.  A new frame format is specified to adapt
    CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU size of IEEE 802.15.4.  For
    that, syntactic and semantic changes to the TLV-based header formats
    are described.  To support compatibility with other LoWPAN
    technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium, the dispatching
    scheme provided by 6LoWPAN is extended to include new dispatch types
    for CCNx and NDN.  Additionally, the link fragmentation component of
    the 6LoWPAN dispatching framework is applied to ICN chunks.  In its
    second part, the document defines stateless and stateful compression
    schemes to improve efficiency on constrained links.  Stateless
    compression reduces TLV expressions to static header fields for
    common use cases.  Stateful compression schemes elide state local to
    the LoWPAN and replace names in data packets by short local
    identifiers.

Best regards,
Dirk on behalf of ICNRG chairs