Subject: [icnrg] RG adoption of draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icntraceroute

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:57:02 +0100

Hello ICNRG,

The ICN trace route specification has been around for some time. It’s 
one of the useful (potentially) needed management/debugging tools for 
ICN networks, so the chairs think there is merit in publishing the 
document as an Experimental RFC at some point.

At this time, we would like to ask the group for feedback on the 
proposal of adopting this draft as a RG item.

Just as a reminder, RG adoption means that the specification will be 
progressed as an activity within ICNRG and that the authors would edit 
the document on behalf of the RG.

Adoption in an IRTF RG context does not mean that this is the only 
(ICNRG-endorsed…) way of (here:) ascertaining path characteristics in 
ICN . There could be other proposal that might be adopted as well (if 
perceived useful).

The draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mastorakis-icnrg-icntraceroute/

Abstract:
This document presents the design of an ICN Traceroute protocol.
This includes the operations both on the client and the forwarder side.

Best regards,
Dirk and Börje (as managing co-chairs)