Subject: Re: [icnrg] Last Call: draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan

From: Cenk Gündoğan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 17:50:01 +0100

Dear ICNRG Chairs, Colin,

On Tue, Feb 11 2020 at 11:54 +0100, Dirk Kutscher wrote:

> In the IRTF, we might be able to do a little better and provide some
> guidance as to what might be interesting experiments to do, what are
> things that we need to understand better etc.
>
> How do the authors feel about adding something in this direction?
>

Thanks again, Colin, for the comments. They really add value to the
document. We updated section 10 "Implementation Report and Guidance" to
explain in more detail 1) what we already evaluated, and 2) which
experimental evaluations (as guidance for next actions) would be
fruitful to the understanding and further development of ICN LoWPAN. We
also did a minor update of section 7 to include new developments of the
CCNx Time TLV draft and ironed out a few editorial issues.

>
> Regarding next steps, we (chairs) suggest that the authors produce a
> revision reflecting those comments. Since these are relatively minor, we
> don’t need another last call (unless the authors prefer that), so that
> we would then move to IRSG review.

We also think that another last call is not necessary, since the
enhancements are quite straightforward (and no internals of ICN LoWPAN
have been modified).

Cheers,
Cenk

Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-07.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 09:37:42 -0700
List-Id: Information-Centric Networking research group discussion list <icnrg.irtf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : ICN Adaptation to LoWPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)
        Authors         : Cenk Gundogan
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Christopher Scherb
                          Claudio Marxer
                          Christian Tschudin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-07.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This document defines a convergence layer for CCNx and NDN over IEEE
   802.15.4 LoWPAN networks.  A new frame format is specified to adapt
   CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU size of IEEE 802.15.4.  For
   that, syntactic and semantic changes to the TLV-based header formats
   are described.  To support compatibility with other LoWPAN
   technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium, the dispatching
   scheme provided by 6LoWPAN is extended to include new dispatch types
   for CCNx and NDN.  Additionally, the link fragmentation component of
   the 6LoWPAN dispatching framework is applied to ICN chunks.  In its
   second part, the document defines stateless and stateful compression
   schemes to improve efficiency on constrained links.  Stateless
   compression reduces TLV expressions to static header fields for
   common use cases.  Stateful compression schemes elide state local to
   the LoWPAN and replace names in data packets by short local
   identifiers.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
   Research Group (ICNRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
icnrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg

--
Cenk Gündoğan

Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
Dept. of Computer Science / Internet Technologies Group
Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Fon: +49 40 42875 - 8426
Mail: [email-masked]
Web: https://www.inet.haw-hamburg.de/