Subject: [icnrg] IEEE BigMM 2020, New Delhi, India: Call for Papers (Second Round Submission Deadline: 15 April) Inbox x

From: MIDAS Lab IIIT Delhi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 11:10:46 +0530

Dear Colleagues

*************************************************************************

 Second Round Paper Submission Deadline: 15 April 2020 PST

*************************************************************************

Consider submitting your papers to the IEEE BigMM 2020.

Kindly share the CFP with others who may wish to submit papers to IEEE
BigMM 2020, which will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New
Delhi, in collaboration with Indraprastha Institute of Information
Technology, Delhi (IIIT-Delhi).

In the first round of paper submission at 6th IEEE BigMM 2020, the
acceptance of regular papers was very highly competitive. The acceptance
rate was 23%. All regular papers were fairly selected by the strict review
process that guaranteed each paper received at least three review reports
(average: 3.46 reviews; maximum: 4 reviews). Conflict of interest was also
carefully taken into account while assigning the papers for reviews. Thus,
we are committed to carefully and fairly reviewing all submitted papers and
providing high-quality reviews to authors.

We are also excited to inform you that Prof Ramesh Jain from the University
of California, Irvine, USA will deliver a keynote at IEEE BigMM 2020 (
http://bigmm2020.org/) in New Delhi, India. Prof Jain does not need any
introduction. He is commonly referred to as 'Father of Multimedia
Computing'. We expect to have two more eminent researchers from academia
and industry as keynote speakers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of the CFP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Webpage: http://bigmm2020.org/index.php/calls-for-submission/call-for-papers

Submission Instruction:
http://bigmm2020.org/index.php/authors/submission-instructions
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigmm2020

The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM 2020)

September 24-26, 2020

Jawaharlal Nehru University

New Delhi, India

http://bigmm2020.org/

Multimedia is increasingly becoming the “biggest big data”. It is the most
important and valuable source for insights and information as it covers
everyone’s experiences and is about everything that is happening in the
world. As such, multimedia big data is spurring on a tremendous amount of
research and development of related technologies and applications.

The IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM), jointly
sponsored by the IEEE-TCMC (Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing)
and IEEE-TCSEM (Technical Committee on Semantic Computing), is a world’s
premier forum of leading scholars in the highly active multimedia big data
research, development and applications. The sixth IEEE BigMM conference is
jointly hosted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and Indraprastha
Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-Delhi), will be held in
JNU, New Delhi from September 24 to 26 in 2020.

The conference aims to bring together researchers from different areas and
solicits high-quality original research papers relevant in any aspect of
multimedia big data but not limited to the following broad themes:

Multimedia and User Engagement

     - Social media mining; affective computing

     - Multimedia search; ranking; summarization

     - Multimedia recommendation systems

     - Security and privacy

Multimedia Experience

     - Human-computer interactions, visualization, and navigation

     - Digital humanities; arts; storytelling

     - Multimedia applications; multimodal interactions and interfaces

Multimedia and Big Data Content Understanding

     - Multimodal integration and alignment

     - Vision and language; audio/visual processing

     - Large scale multimodal content (image/audio/video) understanding and
processing

Multimedia Systems

     - Large scale multimedia systems and middleware

     - Transport and delivery

     - Large scale multimedia systems and middleware

     - Green computing; resource-efficient multimedia and big data computing

SUBMISSIONS (Paper Length)

   -

   Regular Papers: 8 pages
   -

   Industry Papers: 8 pages
   -

   Short Papers: 4 pages
   -

   Student Consortium Papers: 4 pages
   -

   Demonstration Papers: 4 pages
   -

   Multimedia Grand Challenge Papers: 4 pages
   -

   Workshops Papers: 8 pages

Note: The above-mentioned page limits are a maximum number of pages in a
2-column IEEE format excluding references. The authors will be given a
maximum of 2 additional pages for references.

IEEE BigMM 2020 will showcase high quality oral and poster presentations
for regular and workshop papers as well as technical demo and grand
challenge solution sessions. The review will be done by at least three
reviewers. Best papers, posters, technical demos, and multimedia grand
challenge solutions will be awarded at the conference. All papers in this
conference will be included in the IEEExplore and indexed by EI.

IMPORTANT DATES

     - Round-2 Regular/Industry/Short Paper Submission: April 15, 2020

     - Round-2 Regular/Industry/Short Paper Notification: May 31, 2020

     - Demonstration/Student Consortium Paper Submission: April 30, 2020

     - Demonstration/Student Consortium Paper Notification: May 31, 2020

     - Workshop/Grand Challenge Paper Submission: May 15, 2020

     - Workshop/Grand Challenge Paper Notification: June 15, 2020

     - Camera-ready: June 20, 2020

     - Registration Deadline: July 1, 2020

     - Conference: September 24-26, 2020

You may check more details at http://bigmm2020.org,
https://twitter.com/ieeebigmm, and https://www.facebook.com/ieeebigmm.

Sincerely,

-- 

General Co-Chairs of IEEE BigMM 2020:

Mohan Kankanhalli, National University of Singapore, Singapore

PC Co-Chairs of IEEE BigMM 2020:

Rajiv Ratn Shah ([email-masked]), IIIT-Delhi, India

Vishy Swaminathan ([email-masked]), Adobe, USA

Yi Yu ([email-masked]), NII, Japan