Subject: [icnrg] Mat Ford's No Objection on draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Mat Ford via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 04:00:22 -0700

Mat Ford has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no objection to this document being published in the IRTF stream. I
agree with others that the charter of the ICNRG may be due for an update to
take account of the ICN-over-foo, uses of ICN and ICN applications work that is
all underway now. I also agree that the audience for this document may be
closer to 3GPP than the IETF, but there is quite some history of publishing
3GPP-related information in the IETF so again I don't see that as a big problem
here (if the IRTF has an ICN research group, then (modulo charter update)
ICN-over-foo research seems like fair game to me).