Subject: [icnrg] Lars Eggert's Recuse on draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 03:59:24 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-08: Recuse

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>  Native Deployment of ICN in LTE, 4G Mobile Networks

 I don't quite understand why the IRTF (where the I is for Internet)
 should be publishing a document that describes how to deploy a
 non-Internet networking technology in another SDO's non-Internet
 architecture...

 Has 3GPP reviewed this document? Would they be surprised to see this
 published by the IRTF?

  s/IPSec/IPsec/g

>    This transport
>    convergence layer helps determine the type of transport (such as ICN
>    or IP), as well as the type of radio interface (LTE or WiFi or both)
>    used to send and receive traffic based on preference (e.g., content
>    location, content type, content publisher, congestion, cost, QoS).

 Where will this TCL come from and what are the incremental incentives
 for applications to move to it?