Subject: [icnrg] New Version (v5) of the DABBER protocol

From: "Milheiro Mendes, Paulo Jorge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 09:51:15 +0200

Dear all,

A new version of the DABBER protocol (draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-05)
was posted to the IETF repository. DABBER aims to be a proactive name-based
routing protocol for opportunistic wireless networks.

This new version aimed to simplify the previous specification, update it
(e.g. in what concerns sync methods) and respond to comments that we got to
v4.

We would like to get your feedback about v5.

Title:          Information-centric Routing for Opportunistic Wireless
Networks
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-05.txt

Abstract:
   This draft describes the Data reAchaBility BasEd Routing (DABBER)
   protocol.  DABBER aims to provide a name-based routing solution to
   support the operation of Information-centric Networking frameworks in
   opportunistic wireless networks.  By "opportunistic wireless
   networks" it is meant multi-hop wireless networks where finding an
   end-to-end path between any pair of nodes at any moment in time may
   be a challenge.  The goal is to assist in better defining
   opportunities for the transmission of Interest packets in a store-
   carry-and-forward manner, based on a proactive approach.  The
   document describes how to integrate DABBER in a networking node that
   implements some ICN approach, such as Named-Data Networking (NDN) or
   Content Centric Networking (CCN), along with the specification of the
   proactive approach based on the dissemination of name-prefix
   information.

Cheers

*Paulo Mendes, Ph.D*

Senior Scientist

Central Research and Technology, XRC

*Airbus*
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this e-mail.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.