Subject: [icnrg] MedComNet 2021 - Call for Papers

From: christian vitale <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 12:35:36 +0200

*Due to the continuing Coronavirus pandemic in the world, the organizers
are considering the possibility to hold the conference online. In any case,
remote presentation of accepted papers will be allowed. *

*MedComNet 2021 - Call for Papers*

19th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference

15-17 June 2021, Ibiza, Spain

https://2021.medcomnet.org

MedComNet 2021 continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series
that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful
locations on the shores of the Mediterranean.

MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the
broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking. All
aspects of the networking research area will be welcome.

MedComNet has requested the Technical Co-Sponsorship of the IEEE, and
accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore. Extended
versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be considered,
by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in Elsevier
Computer Communications journal. The best paper in the conference will be
awarded the Mario Gerla Best Paper Award.

Topics include but are not limited to:

- Wireless networks

- Cellular networks including 5G and 6G

- Vehicular networks

- Dynamic spectrum sharing

- Interference management and mitigation

- Medium access control

- MIMO-based networking

- mmWave, THz, VLC networking

- Mobile sensing and applications

- Mobility management and models

- Innovative Internet architectures

- Internet of Things and Cyber-physical systems

- Router and switch design

- Routing and multicast

- Software-defined Networking and Radio

- Optical networks

- Overlay and peer-to-peer networks

- Age of Information

- Energy efficiency in networks

- Machine Learning and AI for networks

- Edge and fog computing

- Datacenter networking

- Localization and location-based services

- Multimedia networking

- Network economics and pricing

- Network management

- Network measurement and analysis

- Network security and privacy

- Network virtualization

Important information

---------------------

Paper submission deadline: Feb. 11, 2021

Acceptance notification: April 28

Registration (authors and early birds): May 19, 2021

Camera Ready Papers due: May 19, 2021

Conference: June 15-17, 2021

Instructions for authors:

https://2021.medcomnet.org/authors-instructions/

No-show policy

--------------

Submission to the conference implies willingness to present. No-shows will
be excluded from the proceedings. No-show papers are defined as papers
submitted by authors who subsequently did not present the paper in-person
at the technical meeting (given the current situation, remote presentations
will be allowed). Presentations by proxies are not allowed. No refund of
the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show author. Exceptions to this
policy can only be made by the Technical Program Chairs and only if there
is evidence that the no-show occurred because of unanticipated events
beyond the control of the authors, and every option available to the
authors to present the paper was exhausted.

Organizing Committee

--------------------

*General Chairs*

Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks, Spain

Gonzalo Camarillo, Ericsson Finland

*TPC Chairs*

Antonio de La Oliva, UC3M, Spain

Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy

*EDAS Chair*

Edgar Arribas, CEU San Pablo, Spain

*Publication Chair*

Cise Midoglu, Simula Research Lab, Norway

*Treasurers*

Nicola Blefari-Melazzi, CNIT, Italy

Paola Magri, CNIT, Italy

*Publicity Chairs*

Antonio Fernandez, IMDEA Networks, Spain

Andres Garcia, NEC Europe, Germany

Christian Vitale, KIOS, Cyprus

Chuan Xu, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France

*Panel Chairs *

Anna Brunstrom, Karlstad University, Sweden

Andra Lutu, Telefonica, Spain

*Web Chair*

Michele Segata, University of Bolzano, Italy

*Virtualization Chair *

Christiana Ioannou, RISE, Cyprus

*Steering Committee*

--------------------

Marco Ajmone Marsan, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Chair)

Ian F. Akyildiz, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

Edmundo De Souza e Silva, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Luigi Fratta, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

Farouk Kamoun, ENSI, Tunisia

Giovanni Pau, Sorbonne Université, France

Guy Pujolle, Sorbonne Université, France

Vasos Vassiliou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus