Subject: [icnrg] Carsten Bormann's Yes on draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Carsten Bormann via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 08:49:53 -0800

Carsten Bormann has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-09: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good basis for running experiments with ICN in constrained node
network environments. There are a few nits left, at least one of which needs to
be addressed before moving this forward to the next process step.

The "C" flag is rather confusing for the reader (set to 0 for compression);
could this be an "U" (uncompressed) flag? Clearly, the erroneous Table 1
reflects the need for such a change.

RFC 8930 and related have been published; this puts the present specification
on somewhat firmer ground.