Subject: [icnrg] DEADLINE EXTENSION (FIRM) - MedComNet 2021 - March 8th (Abstract), March 15th (PDF submission) - Tech. co-sponsored by IEEE

From: christian vitale <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 17:48:48 +0200

EXTENDED DEADLINE.

Abstract Registration: March 8th (Firm).

Submission Deadline: March 15th (Firm).

MedComNet 2021 - Call for Papers

19th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference

Technically co-sponsored by IEEE

15-17 June 2021, Online

https://www.medcomnet.org/

Abstract registration deadline (firm): Mar. 8, 2021

Submission deadline (firm): Mar. 15, 2021

Instructions for authors:  https://www.medcomnet.org/authors-instructions/

Submission page: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27922

+++ IMPORTANT NOTES +++

- Due to the continuing Coronavirus pandemic in the world, the organizers
will hold the conference online.

- Registration fees will reflect this situation and will be around 250
euros for authors and free for students.

- Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore and
extended versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be
considered, by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in
Elsevier Computer Communications journal.

- The best paper in the conference will be awarded the Mario Gerla Best
Paper Award.

+++ THE CONFERENCE +++

MedComNet 2021 continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series
that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful
locations on the shores of the Mediterranean.

MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the
broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking. All
aspects of the networking research area will be welcome.

Topics include but are not limited to:

- Wireless networks

- Cellular networks including 5G and 6G

- Vehicular networks

- Dynamic spectrum sharing

- Interference management and mitigation

- Medium access control

- MIMO-based networking

- mmWave, THz, VLC networking

- Mobile sensing and applications

- Mobility management and models

- Innovative Internet architectures

- Internet of Things and Cyber-physical systems

- Router and switch design

- Routing and multicast

- Software-defined Networking and Radio

- Optical networks

- Overlay and peer-to-peer networks

- Age of Information

- Energy efficiency in networks

- Machine Learning and AI for networks

- Edge and fog computing

- Datacenter networking

- Localization and location-based services

- Multimedia networking

- Network economics and pricing

- Network management

- Network measurement and analysis

- Network security and privacy

- Network virtualization

+++ IMPORTANT DATES +++

Abstract registration deadline (firm): Mar. 8, 2021

Submission deadline (firm): Mar. 15, 2021

Acceptance notification: April 28

Registration (authors and early birds): May 19, 2021

Camera Ready Papers due: May 19, 2021

Conference: June 15-17, 2021

+++ KEYNOTE SPEAKERS +++

- Leonard Kleinrock, UCLA, United States. TBD.

- Jari Arkko, Ericsson Research, Finland. “Successes and challenges in the
Internet architecture”

- Christophe Diot, Google, United States. “Reaching the end of Moore’s law:
challenges in cloud networking”.

- Magnus Frodigh, Head of Ericsson Research, Sweden. “The technology
Journey towards 6G”.

+++ ORGANIZING COMMITTEE +++

(see https://www.medcomnet.org/organizing-committee/ for the complete list)

General Chairs

Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks, Spain

Gonzalo Camarillo, Ericsson Finland

TPC Chairs

Antonio de La Oliva, UC3M, Spain

Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy