Subject: [icnrg] Call for Participation: DI2F: Decentralizing the Internet with IPFS and Filecoin

From: Yiannis Psaras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 12:51:33 +0300

Hi everyone, apologies for cross-posting. The workshop below should be of
interest to several colleagues in this list.

Best regards,
Yiannis.

=========== CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ===========
Decentralizing the Internet with IPFS and Filecoin (DI2F) Workshop @ IFIP
Networking 2021

WHEN: 21st June 2021, 1pm-6.30pm UTC+3

WHERE: Online event, co-located with IFIP Networking 2021

WEBSITE:
https://networking.ifip.org/2021/workshops/di2f-decentralising-the-internet-with-ipfs-and-filecoin

REGISTRATION: https://networking.ifip.org/2021/registration (free for
students)

The first edition of a research-focused workshop on decentralisation, IPFS
and Filecoin is here! DI2F is taking place alongside IFIP Networking 2021
on 21 June 2021 and it has a packed programme full of exciting paper
presentations, demos, abstracts, hands-on tutorials and invited talks! The
workshop sessions will focus on protocol and architecture extensions,
Decentralised Identity and Web 3.0 services.

The papers that will appear in the workshop programme will cover: i) topics
that are central to the operation of IPFS, such as the DHT and pubsub, ii)
services built on top of the protocol stack, such as VPNs and federated
learning systems, iii) architecture extensions to enable computing and
Solid on top of IPFS, and iv) decentralized identifiers as a first-class
primitive for IPFS content and services.

Last but not least, the workshop program will feature a keynote speech from
Thibault Maunier that will walk us through the challenges and opportunities
of building CDN-scale decentralised technology, as seen by Cloudflare’s
deployment of decentralised gateways and name resolvers.

The workshop’s hands-on session will get the audience kickstarted with the
IPFS essentials and a hackathon will kick off at the end of the day and run
for the following three weeks, netting the finalists prizes of more than
$1,000.

The workshop will run from 13:00-18:30pm UTC+3 on 21 June. You can find the
workshop programme here
<https://networking.ifip.org/2021/workshops/di2f-decentralising-the-internet-with-ipfs-and-filecoin>
(
https://networking.ifip.org/2021/workshops/di2f-decentralising-the-internet-with-ipfs-and-filecoin)
and register for the conference and workshop here
<https://networking.ifip.org/2021/registration> (
https://networking.ifip.org/2021/registration). Note that non-author
students can attend for free but still need to register.